View Poll Results: Are you currently Jailbroken?

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

76 56.72%
  • No

58 43.28%
    ... If Apple isn't paying attention to these things, they'd better wake Steve up out of his coma so HE can make sure they hear. Either way, we (customers) win... if Apple delivers it or not.
    I'd find it hard to believe that Steve Jobs (and Apple) doesn't secretly enjoy seeing the things being done on Jailbroken iPhones. It only gives them more ideas of where to go (or where not to go) next, and how to better develop (or not bother with) their own versions of jailbreak apps.

Sure, Apple has a "We know what's best" attitude... but the thing is, they're usually right in the end, IMO.

Like I've said here before, however... Apple has a LOT more on it's plate than other companies who only focus on their phones. Not an excuse, perhaps, but still...

I have faith that they'll deliver... they always do (eventually).
    02-20-2009 06:47 PM
    I am jailbroken. I can't help but hack my technology. It's an addiction.
    02-24-2009 02:12 PM
    Apple has no carrier (yet) in China, so they sell officially unlocked iPhones in Taiwan and Hong Kong. They're fairly Sun Tzu, so parts of Jailbreak might appeal to them, especially if it lets casual users keep a clean experience and expert users get their hands dirty...
    02-24-2009 10:54 PM
    Wow,,,,,, 44 to 44,,,, tied strait up.
    02-25-2009 05:32 AM
    Yeah, personally I am. Needed to access xGPS.
    02-25-2009 05:42 AM
    as Chad would put it on this one, "i am more of a purist" . haha everything we are gonna want is coming in 3.0 i can feel it!
    02-25-2009 04:09 PM
    Maybe so... too bad Apple squandered an opportunity to build our ancticipation for real features at the last Macworld. I've gotten tired of speculating when Apple will get cedrtain things right though. I have succeeded in reaching full function on the things I need. My enthusiasm for 3.x is also tempered by knowing I will have to wait for it since Apple will invariably do something to try and prevent further jailbreaking... which for me means that it will minimally be a waiting period... and at worst become a decision of fixing myself at a point in time so I don't lose what Apple doesn't seem to want me to have -- a fully functional and usable Smart Phone. :-\
    02-25-2009 04:53 PM
    OK subtract me from the pure list and add me to the hacked list. Gotta be able to run Pandora in the background.
    02-25-2009 07:10 PM
    Yeah, personally I am. Needed to access xGPS.
    Great app! Especially after the recent update.
    03-07-2009 06:00 PM
    Is your iPhone jailbroken or not or what is jailbroken and you restored it. And why did you not like it jailbroken?
    05-23-2009 06:43 PM
    My iPhone is jailbroken. I have noticed Jailbreaking the iPhone and installing Winterboard from Cydia has slowed my iPhone down noticeably.
    05-23-2009 06:44 PM
    Yes that is why I restored mine I did not like how slow it ran.
    05-23-2009 06:47 PM
    Yea but Cydia offers a lot to the iPhone. Especially Themes and such.
    05-23-2009 06:48 PM
    If 3.0 does not add everything I need I may jailbreak.
    05-23-2009 06:56 PM
    I go back and forth for the very reason that Kickstar mentioned.
    05-24-2009 01:29 AM
    If 3.0 does not add everything I need I may jailbreak.
    3.0 will not allow downloading of themes.
    05-24-2009 10:39 AM
    I jailbroke once mainly so I could just try it out. I liked having themes and tweaking settings with sbsettings. I restored it when I had a hardware issue and needed to take my iPhone to the Apple store.
    05-24-2009 12:35 PM
    I jailbroke once mainly so I could just try it out. I liked having themes and tweaking settings with sbsettings. I restored it when I had a hardware issue and needed to take my iPhone to the Apple store.
    I am with you. I liked it jailbroken though but it slowed it down and it aggravated me so I didn't jailbreak the one I got when I exchanged it. I have thought about doing it again I just dont feel like having to set everything up again. haha
    05-24-2009 01:43 PM
    I am with you. I liked it jailbroken though but it slowed it down and it aggravated me so I didn't jailbreak the one I got when I exchanged it. I have thought about doing it again I just dont feel like having to set everything up again. haha
    Same here I don't feel like downloading the old itunes and everything else.
    05-24-2009 01:57 PM
    Yeah...I had mine jailbroken for a while. So did the g/f.

We had our 1st gens jailbroken and dealt with the lag (which didn't seem to be as bad with installer and summerboard as it is with cydia and winterboard now). The main reason there was it allowed you to have multiple pages, and download games and apps, which at the time you couldn't do.

When Apple started allowing you to rearrange things, and the app store came out, the benefits no longer outweighed the annoyances for me. We jailbroke our 3Gs for a while and the lag was terrible, so we restored them.

The only thing I wish apple would let you do is change the wallpaper on your home screen, not just the lock screen.
    05-24-2009 04:37 PM
    I jailbroke to use yellowsnow to unlock my iPhone. I will probably wait to go to 3.0 until a unlock is available.
    05-24-2009 04:58 PM
    I cant live without it. Jailbroken mainly for Sbsetting and extended preferences.
    05-24-2009 07:33 PM
    I cant live without it. Jailbroken mainly for Sbsetting and extended preferences.
    That was my main reason for a long time. I could live without after 2.0, but went back once, and the lag killed me.

After 3.0, I don't think I'll see a need ever again
    05-25-2009 12:33 AM
    I jailbroke mine because i needed to unlock it to use it via t-mobile =D
    05-25-2009 12:57 AM
    Jailbroken, with no slowdowns. Probably worth noting that I'm very selective about the jailbreak apps I install, and Winterboard isn't one of them.
    05-25-2009 06:02 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD