OK I recently JB'd my phone. Any file management App that exists relies on using a wireless connection to the computer. Here's my dilemma: I don't print very often so my ink dries up quick, so I don't even bother having a printer. So I used to use my older ipod nano that I saved files to (shows up as USB mass storage device), then took them somewhere that I could print. Well the iphone does not do that, and I would rather not use the wireless option (whole new can of worms trying to connect to wireless network that is not yours). Now I have noticed that when connected via USB the Apple iphone Camera folder is visible under My Computer (oh yeah, I am using Win XP). My question is this: Is there any way to make this folder writable or are there any other solutions out there? Thanks to anyone that can help.
    02-05-2009 04:34 PM
    If you are looking to use the iPhone as a USB stick of sorts, then check out the App store.

You could also use SSH to transfer files onto the phone.
    02-05-2009 04:36 PM
    Thanks for the help, but any applications available require software to be installed on the computer. Not possible if I am going to a library to do my printing (for example). Now, I used iphone browser to put files into the image directory, but only images will show in the Apple Iphone under My Computer. Again any other suggestions. Also, I am not familiar with SSH any suggestions there?
    02-05-2009 05:16 PM
    I don't use my iPhone as a USB stick , so I really can't help you other than my suggestions above. Sorry about that.

I guess my other recommendation would be to carry an actual USB stick with you. You can purchase some small ones that you wouldn't even notice in your pocket.
    02-05-2009 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD