file management

jfischer

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
OK I recently JB'd my phone. Any file management App that exists relies on using a wireless connection to the computer. Here's my dilemma: I don't print very often so my ink dries up quick, so I don't even bother having a printer. So I used to use my older ipod nano that I saved files to (shows up as USB mass storage device), then took them somewhere that I could print. Well the iphone does not do that, and I would rather not use the wireless option (whole new can of worms trying to connect to wireless network that is not yours). Now I have noticed that when connected via USB the Apple iphone Camera folder is visible under My Computer (oh yeah, I am using Win XP). My question is this: Is there any way to make this folder writable or are there any other solutions out there? Thanks to anyone that can help.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
If you are looking to use the iPhone as a USB stick of sorts, then check out the App store.

You could also use SSH to transfer files onto the phone.

jfischer

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the help, but any applications available require software to be installed on the computer. Not possible if I am going to a library to do my printing (for example). Now, I used iphone browser to put files into the image directory, but only images will show in the Apple Iphone under My Computer. Again any other suggestions. Also, I am not familiar with SSH any suggestions there?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I don't use my iPhone as a USB stick , so I really can't help you other than my suggestions above. Sorry about that.

I guess my other recommendation would be to carry an actual USB stick with you. You can purchase some small ones that you wouldn't even notice in your pocket.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal