QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 is now officially released from the Dev Team that jailbreaks 2.2.1.

-----------
    WARNING - DO NOT use this QuickPwn if you want to keep or plan on UNLOCKING your 3G, it will update you Baseband and it won't work with yellowsn0w.
    -----------

Now that this is available, I would like to update but I wanted to check my options.

I would like to keep all my App Store App data, since I'm tired of updating my password keeper and losing all my game stats, etc.

I am aware that it is better to restore as new, but I would like to give restore from backup a try and see what happens. But I had questions about doing this:

1.) I always assumed that restoring from a backup on a jailbroken iPhone was not recommended because Apple might somehow be able to track the jailbreak. Can they figure this out through iTunes?

2.) If you do a restore from backup on a jailbroken iPhone, does it remove the jailbreak and just put back all the non-jailbroken data back on it? Then you QuickPWN it again?

3.) Is there a way to update to the new OS, keep all the current App Store App data, call logs, etc. and rejailbreak?

Thanks for any help.

Jon
    01-30-2009 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD