I have the first edition iPhone with 2.2 OS that my friend supposedly jailbroke for me, but when I put my net10 (pay as you go company) sim card in, the iPhone still won't detect any service and I can not make calls. Does anyone know if the jailbrake will work with net10 or do I need to switch to another service?

Also, I'm trying to re-jail break the phone and I downloaded the 4 (QuickPwn 2.2 and other 3 files from 2.1 jailbreak page) files for the PC Jailbreak procedure but then I couldn't figure out how to unzip the 2.2 quickpwn file. Do I need limewire or bittorrent installed in order to unzip the file?

Thank you for any help!

Diego
    01-15-2009 06:56 PM
    Jailbroken does not mean the same as being unlocked. Unlocked iPhones can be used on other carriers. You will need to make sure your phone is unlocked in order to use another SIM card. Check the guides that Bad Ash has put together and you'll be on your way!
    01-15-2009 07:18 PM
    Ok. Could you provide a link or tell me how to check if it is unlocked? I plugged in my friends' AT&T sim cards and they worked with the phone, but I'm not sure with net10 being a pay as you go phone if that sim card should work with the unlocked phone... anyone know?
    01-16-2009 10:47 AM
    The phone is probably locked to AT&T. You'll need to unlock it.
    01-17-2009 07:18 AM
    You could even unlock it with a bootloader (unlock tool) from Cydia if I'm not mistaken.
    01-17-2009 07:21 AM
    When you activate Net10 sim...
    That Sim card is registered with that phone and will only work with that phone...
    If you want it work on you iphone..you have to find new Net10 sim and activate its on you iphone...
    01-21-2009 12:29 AM
    This is not necessarily true The Net10 phone uses 2 carriers, AT&T and T-mobile. I recently bought a net10 phone from K-mart it uses the AT&T network. I was curious to wither or not it worked in an Iphone, so I used my friends and it picked up an AT&T signal I made calls with it. The best part is Net10 never billed me for the minutes I used.
    07-10-2009 11:30 AM
    This is not necessarily true The Net10 phone uses 2 carriers, AT&T and T-mobile. I recently bought a net10 phone from K-mart it uses the AT&T network. I was curious to wither or not it worked in an Iphone, so I used my friends and it picked up an AT&T signal I made calls with it. The best part is Net10 never billed me for the minutes I used.
    pleeeeease tell me how to do that. i have an old iphone with no contract and a net 10 phone. that would be great if i could get it so that i could use my iphone again.
    thank you
    08-25-2010 12:44 AM
    I've been reading several posts about using iPhone with ne10. that's the first one I see to say it works. Are you sure it did? Did you have to unlock the iphone?
    08-26-2010 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD