Hey everyone, I'm using one of those chips that you place over the sim card to get my sim to work with the iPhone. If I upgrade, the only thing I can imagine that will not let this work for me is that if the firmware upgrade makes the iPhone read sims differently.

Would you know if this is the case?
    11-21-2008 11:02 AM
    No, it does not. 2.2 might be a different story...
    11-21-2008 12:55 PM
    Ok, I upgraded and the iPhone is running 2.1 firmware!

However, I can't seem to connect to my telecom carrier anymore. I don't have a signal. I tried with and without that little chip that I used to place over the phone... What can I do?
    12-07-2008 06:30 AM
    did some searching on google and it seems that I just need to install bootneuter. Problem is that my net connection isn't so great on the iPhone (always seems to get disconnected) and cydia doesn't resume the partial downloads. I'll post my experience when I finally get to download bootneuter.
    12-07-2008 10:01 AM
    did some searching on google and it seems that I just need to install bootneuter. Problem is that my net connection isn't so great on the iPhone (always seems to get disconnected) and cydia doesn't resume the partial downloads. I'll post my experience when I finally get to download bootneuter.
    Use a WiFi connection if possible.
    12-07-2008 10:05 AM
    I'd like to thank everyone especially Bad Ash for guiding us nervous noobs through the process.

I was able to download bootneuter via wifi, but somewhere along the update process (maybe when I updated other software - I'm not too sure exactly when it happened), I lost the iPhone speaker sound. I rejailbroke it and did the upgrade process again and it works fine.
    12-08-2008 11:57 AM
    Glad it worked out for you!
    12-08-2008 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD