Any Apps for Jailbroken iPhone to stop Edge from connecting?

Hueco514

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
Are there any applications we can install to a jailbroken iPhone (the original) to just neutralize or stop Edge from even going on? I'm just curious, as I've talked to members on this board about this, and someone suggested BossPrefs and SBSettings to turn off AT&T data services (Edge & 3G).

I'm just wondering because I don't want to get charged for internet use outside of free wifi, and I've noticed that when I'm not around free wifi, the "E" on the top left comes out and lights up blue, and I dunno if it's like connected or not.

Any help would be vastly appreciated.

Hueco514

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
Okay, now I got BossPrefs from Cydia, and I turned Edge off, and yeah, Safari now seems to only work with Wifi. So this will prevent me from getting charged, as I am using Wifi at home, or at school, for free? Because I do not have a data plan, this is the way to completely turn off edge and not get charged? Or can I still get charged?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
It should not connect, which means you are consuming no data, which means you will not get charged. Best bet is to call your carrier and have them block any data.

Hueco514

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
Even if it's jailbroken? Aren't they gonna know I have an iPhone without their plan? Also, if they do cancel all data, it wouldn't affect wifi right?

Hueco514

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
Sorry for being overly paranoid, but does this mean I will not get charged for data then? Thanks again, everyone who's helped me.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal