Is there any one (or 2 or 3) website that provides a comprehensive list of jailbroken apps? Cydia doesn't provide a great experience for searching. I'm currently looking for the following: 1) a calendar app...even better with "to do's" as I had on my Palm. Currently waiting to see the makers of Agendus develop for the iPhone. 2) An equivalent to the Palm "memo" app.
    Mark
    11-13-2008 07:30 AM
    Here is a link to check out:

iPhonexe - The App Store Alternative! | The iPhone Blog
    11-13-2008 09:21 AM
    Excellent resource!
    11-13-2008 09:43 AM
    11-14-2008 09:31 PM
    Can I get BossPrefs or SBSettings? Which one is the one that turns off Edge on the iPhone? I jailbroke and don't want to be charged for internet without wifi.
    11-17-2008 02:53 AM
    The jailbreak app that turns off Edge would be BossPrefs...very nifty app I must say!
    11-23-2008 07:52 PM
    BossPrefs is old technology. SBSettings is the replacement for Bossprefs. Get SPSettings, it is much faster, and better. I've been using SBSettings for several weeks and it rocks.
    11-23-2008 08:59 PM
    I agree with hotrod. I downloaded SBSettings last night and it is much easier to use and is quick and easy to navigate!

11-24-2008 09:27 AM
    An excellent replacement/upgrade to Bossprefs!
    11-24-2008 10:16 AM
    Thanks. I love the new brightness slider. Now I can quickly change the brightness too.
    11-24-2008 04:07 PM
    Yes, I also love the fact that there is no icon for SBSettings...you simply slide across the status bar at the top and there it is!
    11-25-2008 11:38 AM
    Thanks for talking about this, guys. Was looking for a way to get the percent instead of the icon for the battery in the corner. Brightness is great too.
    12-21-2008 10:11 AM
    Oh, and is SwirlyMMS a good MMS app? Do you have to do anything funky like putting your sim in another phone and sending an MMS for it to work?? I would rather not have to go through all that trouble if I can help it.
    12-21-2008 10:11 AM
    Swirly MMS is a mother of a program...I dont even bother with it. You have to contact your SP and tell them to add PUSH WAP. 9 times out of ten they will ask you why cux the iphone doesnt support mms. EVen if you get lucky and they add it they catch it and take it off. Just my opinion.
    12-21-2008 11:44 AM
    Wow, talking about SPAM!!! Geez!!!

Back on topic, I still wanna find a way to do MMS, but I guess its not possible. Would be nice if someone found a way to do Bluetooth transfers and A2DP. Figured that would just be a software app, but maybe not.
    01-04-2009 05:48 PM
    Have you tried Swirly MMS?
    01-05-2009 05:34 PM
    Have you tried Swirly MMS?
    Guess the mods caught the spam message I was talking about.

Anyway, MrEClass, if you will note the message from EmEuS just above my message, you will note he said that it "is a mother of a program" and that he "wouldn't even bother with it". That is why I haven't messed with it. I was hoping to find another option for MMS type functionailty.

If EmEuS is mistaken, what exactly does it take to get this app going? Does it really require I take out my sim and put it in another phone, wait a while, send an MMS with it, wait a while more, then take it out and put it back in the iPhone?? Just looking for instruction on how to do MMS stuff.
    01-05-2009 06:12 PM
    From what I've seen...it's a P.I.T.A.
    01-06-2009 01:26 AM
    Swirly MMS is a mother of a program...I dont even bother with it. You have to contact your SP and tell them to add PUSH WAP. 9 times out of ten they will ask you why cux the iphone doesnt support mms. EVen if you get lucky and they add it they catch it and take it off. Just my opinion.

Have to disagree, swirly MMS is very good and does it exactly what it says. My GF sent me a pic who is on holiday 3000 miles away and got it in seconds

It's true they do switch off MMS on your account when you sign up for an iPhone but i contacted my network and told them i have a second phone that i'd like to send pics and video from time to time and they activated it no questions asked.
    03-17-2009 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD