SO I jail broke my iPhone 3G, and there are some apps I really like, but I have experienced lags, and random crashing/reboots since then. I only have a handfull of apps installed, but is this common?
    11-11-2008 08:13 AM
    Personally I'd restore via iTunes and the jailbreak again. It should be more stable than your are experiencing.
    11-11-2008 10:08 AM
    I still have a few crashes and lags, but not very often.
    11-11-2008 12:33 PM
    Personally I'd restore via iTunes and the jailbreak again. It should be more stable than your are experiencing.
    When I jailbroke this last time, I stated with a fresh restore, and did not restore my backup. I then Jailbroke the phone, then did a sync to get my apps, calendar, and contacts back on the phone. Should I have done something different?

I typically will get 1 or two crashes a day. More will occur under heavy use.
    11-11-2008 02:01 PM
    weird. I don't have any problems. I occasionally will get Safari crashes, but I attribute that to Java script and low memory resources.

Other than that, mine runs good. Intelliscreen and Safari cause my biggest slow downs. But if I force Safari to close each time I exit, things stay much more peppy.

Read this. It is very enlightening...

iPhone battery | iPhone News, Help and Guides
    11-11-2008 02:26 PM
    Well I restored my iphone to stock last night. Lags are gone. I read the link you sent, and from that I am thinking intelliscreen may have been the cause. Any similar apps that do the same, but do not cause the problems that intelliscreen does?

Have not jail broken again yet... I may wait a bit and see if the new firmware comes out like predicted...
    11-12-2008 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD