bricked iphone -locked to AT&T but need to unlock/jbreak to use in UK with 02

stealthbear

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Hi, i have just signed up... in a bit of a panic! Any help would be HUGELY appreciated!

I have a 2g iphone bought in the USA & locked to AT&T, I live in London where the only iphone mobile provider is 02. When I bought the phone it was unlocked and jail broken using the very user friendly ZIBRI.. I had never had a problem previously.
I have recently joined the 02 payandgo tariff to benefit from free Edge/internet providing I top up at least ?10/month. In order to benefit from this, I had to update my firmware from 1.1.4 to 2.1 as the settings had changed.

I was badly advised, I tried to update the f/ware through iTunes 8 using a Mac with OSX10.4.11.

I backed up the iphone, itunes downloaded the new f/ware.

At this point my phone still had my 02 simcard in it.
itunes did not like the 02 sim as the phone was originally AT&T locked, obviously updating through itunes took the iphone back to at&t factory.
The message came up in itunes saying, the sim is not recognised etc, luckily I still have the original at&t sim card which I put in.

This is where I am stuck, with the AT&T sim itunes finds the iphone and is treating it as if it were a new iphone out of the shop. It is basically asking me to open an AT&T account... If I was in the USA it would be happy days! But as I live in the UK the last thing I want is an account with a n American service provider.

I appreciate this is a very long post,but i wanted to be clear with my situation...

I tried to use Zibri (most recent) but for some reason the Zibri app was unable to find the iphone???

Please can anyone point me in the right direction! What should I do to unlock the phone?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Follow one of my guides I posted on the front page. Just do a simple search for jailbreaking guides.

They are all there.

Also, your first major mistake was to use anything Zibri had anything to do with.