jailbreaking the iphone using turbosim

hussainabu

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
hii...im relatively new to these kind of things...heard of jailbreak for the first time wen i bought my iphone 3g....i bought it in india on vodafone network n used a turbosim to use the phone on the maxis network in malaysia....evrithin is fine except wen i attach it to itunes it tells me to put in the vodafone sim...can i jailbreak the phone while using the turbosim and will it have any effect on the turbosim....
Plzz help me out here...coz itz quite boring having an awesome fone and not being able to install any applications

amit85

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
I am also using turbo sim on iphone 3g. One thing to keep in mind is avoid ejecting sim tray as much as possible as turbo sim is very fragile and can get inoperable easily. Once the sim bends even a little it will be of no use. The problem with turbo sim is as long as as turbo sim remains in phone you cannot synchronize iphone with your comp and cannot add songs and apps. However, you can download and install apps through wifi or gprs directly on the iphone from app store. I have been doing that and it is working.
hii...im relatively new to these kind of things...heard of jailbreak for the first time wen i bought my iphone 3g....i bought it in india on vodafone network n used a turbosim to use the phone on the maxis network in malaysia....evrithin is fine except wen i attach it to itunes it tells me to put in the vodafone sim...can i jailbreak the phone while using the turbosim and will it have any effect on the turbosim....
Plzz help me out here...coz itz quite boring having an awesome fone and not being able to install any applications

i3giMoney

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
Just remove your turbo sim (chip and simcard) from your iPhone.

1.Just remove your turbo sim (chip and simcard) from your iPhone.
2.Then connect to iTunes.
3.You won't see that message any more.
4.Now you can sync your iPhone content with your PC / Mac (or upgrade to next software version v2.1 -careful ! you should know what you do-)

I personally do not recommend to plug in and remove the turbo sim
too often. They may stop working then.
( I had this issue on one of my 3 iPhones, where I plugged and removed that chip to often.)
By the way, when I bought them (in the U.K.) they came with software v2.0 installed. I just upgraded my 3 phones from v2.0 to v2.1 (following steps 1.-4.) and it worked smoothly.

However, I install apps always directly from my iPhones.
I don't sync at all.
The only reason when I connect to iTunes (steps 1.-4.) is,
when I'll do the next update to v2.2

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
I bought and I am using the Rebel SIM on my 3G, and yes I have also used a the jailbreak method. You will continue to ghet that error message when you connect to iTunes. But you can still sync theh phone and your pc.

hussainabu

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
thanx for the info....so do i have to follow the same steps to jailbreak my phone???
i mean do i need to remove the turbosim befor the jailbreak process or let it be as it is....n if i jailbreak can i still update the firmware....

Stuartino

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
I made sure the SIM worked first then did the jailbreak after. If you upgrade the firmware you will relock(I mean re-jail?) the phone, it will need to be jail broken each time you upgrade. And the jail break fix isn't always available immediately.

hussainabu

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
thnx again.... one last question...im already using a 2.1 firmware...so if the jailbreak doesnt work properly do i need to restore my fone... if yes how do i do so coz wen i attach to itunes it tells me im using an invalid sim...do i need to take out the turbosim n den try restoring.....im just a bit scared as i dont have another fone on hand at the moment...

hussainabu

Oct 29, 2008
Visit site
thnx again.... one last question...im already using a 2.1 firmware...so if the jailbreak doesnt work properly do i need to restore my fone... if yes how do i do so coz wen i attach to itunes it tells me im using an invalid sim...do i need to take out the turbosim n den try restoring.....im just a bit scared as i dont have another fone on hand at the moment...

also how do i den download applications and r dere more choices den the application store

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro