does att know if a phone has been jailbroken?

kouie

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
i recently bouhgt an iphone 3g from best buy and jailbroke it...i want to return it now back to best buy...i did the restore on itunes...is it safe to return the iphone back now?...is there a way that att or best buy will know that i did a jailbreak on it?

USCGMK

Oct 19, 2008
Visit site
i bet if they really wanted to Apple could connect to the device and see everything that has been installed on it. I would assume there is some type of data log file they could look at but the chances of them doing that are very very slim. as long as you restore, you should be fine.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
i bet if they really wanted to Apple could connect to the device and see everything that has been installed on it. I would assume there is some type of data log file they could look at but the chances of them doing that are very very slim. as long as you restore, you should be fine.

Not a single employee at a Apple store would be able to tell that a iPhone has been jailbroken (of course it is jailbroken and never was restored via iTunes). They simply do not have the tools or software. Not sure there is even any software to tell. Now a unlock, yes, because permanent changes are being made to the phone when you do that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner