Phone app breaks after installing winterboard

Apocrathia

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
I've jailbroken my phone twice now. Both times my phone app has broken. When I hit the phone button the keypad comes up then quits. Doesn't matter how many times I restart, it will still do it. First time I jailbroke my phone and it started doing it, I had no idea what caused it. This time I noticed it happened directly after installing winterboard. I even tried uninstalling winterboard to see if it would fix the problem, but it seemed to have just broken the app.
I really liked having the cydia apps at my disposal like netatalk, openssh, and terminal. I'm a linux nerd, so I can get a lot of use of out it.
Has anyone else had this problem before, or am I a rare case? I am doing a full wipe and reload of my phone.
I have a 8gb 3G and I am a mac user. I used quickpwn to jailbreak the phone.

MOHCTPA

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
same here

I have the same problem! Phone.App does not start and I did install WinterBoard before. Is Restore the only way? or can one restore a single application??

Apocrathia

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
I have no idea how to fix it. I've had to do a full restore every time. Although this time I did a clean restore instead of restoring from a backup.
I am thinking maybe everything might work if I use pwnage tool instead? I am still new to the jailbreak scene, so I really don't know what will work. I really want my phone to be jailbroken because I love the apps you can get, but if it breaks the primary function of my phone, then what's the point of jailbreaking?

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
I have Winterboard installed and do not have this issue. Maybe try uninstalling Winterboard and then soft resetting your phone.

Once you jailbreak your phone, you should not restore from a backup. It is advised to start fresh.

Apocrathia

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
I am going to try to unlock my phone again tonight. I have done a fresh restore this time. I am just not going to touch winterboard this time. Does anyone know if this is a known issue or am I just an abnormality?

spartan081

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem. After jailbreaking my phone I noticed that after installing winterboard and some of the themes that my phone app is broken. After removing winterboard and rebooting my iphone it is still broken. I wonder if the winterboard guys are aware of this bug. Is there a fix or do I have to restore my iphone?

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I believe this issue is caused by a conflict between WinterBoard and few apps from Installer namely: Kate, Mobile Enhancer, and RIP DEV Preferences. When I removed these apps, everything was running smoothly. Therefore, I re-jailbroke my phone without selecting Installer in the first place and I don't miss it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711