Intelliscreen/App conflict???

kbd517#IM

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi All :)
Just did the deed last night, and have been thrilled with the results. Thanks to everyone who has contributed! I have come across a problem, and after reading various forums/faq/user guides, I haven't found an answer. I also realize I might not be asking the right question, so I'd appreciate any insights...
I think I have screwed something up related to intelliscreen and the phone app itself. I uninstalled intelliscreen and lost the ability to dial a phone number. The phone app doesn't respond, then closes out. After I enabled intellidial, I was able to dial again. I again uninstalled intelliscreen, and was unable to dial. I tried to reinstall intelliscreen, and according to Cydia, I have it, but I can't find it anywhere on the phone, even after using searcher. I do have winterboard, and understand there is some problem between the 2, but had no issues until I fiddled with intelliscreen. I also have Mobile Substrate, which, if I interpret correctly, is supposed to make intelliscreen and winterboard play well together. What I want, in the end, is to remove intelliscreen completely, and not lose the ability to dial a number. It is a good program, but not what I want right now. Hopefully, I've asked my question coherently enough so y'all can help me :) I know I could restore, re JB, but honestly, I really just want to get back to using my iPhone, made more perfect thanks to efforts of people who understand this stuff way better than I do!
Thanks in advance :)

kbd517#IM

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
update

After 7 more attempts, I was unable to uninstall intelliscreen, and was able to dial the phone. Now everything is VERY laggy- 5-10+ seconds to load apps. Does anyone have any idea what happened/how I can prevent a recurrence?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
You may not like the sound of this but restore back to normal and jailbreak again. You get used to doing this if you like to add a lot of jailbroken apps. Not all of them play nice together. Wish there was a easier way but there really isn't.

kbd517#IM

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Thanks, BadAsh :) I figured it was going to come to a restore.. *sigh* Your job, however, was to say "Oh- it's just a flick of 1 toggle switch and you're all set for life!" :) BTW, I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but excellent nick/avatar :) Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun. Boom!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods