Possible some iPhones cannot be jailbroken?

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Last night I decided to jailbreak. I desperately want that background app for Pandora and Palringo. Also, I figured it's about time I started to hack away at my iPhone since I worshipped at the feet of the XDA guys when I used my WM phone. Well I followed Ash's directions to the T and I kept getting stuck in a loop showing the pineapple logo. I pwanged again (this time i didnt add the boot logo in case I needed to return to Apple) and it got stuck on the Apple logo screen. Well long story short I restored the phone but while I was scrambling last night for a solution on the internet I came accross some folks saying that some iPhone cannot be jailbroken. Personally that doesnt make much sense because the firmware is all the same. But anyways, anyone have problems where you just can't get pwange to work? Im mad with envy of those people that are like "took me 8 minutes!"!!!!! Any help or advice is appreciated.

Also, I did have my passcode enabled and wifi was on. Would that make a difference?

BTW, Im using XP. I also made sure I went to disabled anything itunes/ipod related in task manager.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
If you followed XDA or PPCGeeks, then you should know about flashing. When all else fails, restore and then start from the beginning!!! :D

I was able to jailbreak very easily using a Vista machine and following the directions. I also didn't choose to change the bootscreens on the first try and it worked for me. Maybe try a full restore and then only install Installer and Cydia?

Blackangel13

Oct 17, 2008
Visit site
No i'm having a problem thats making me mad, I do just like you follow EXACTLY TO THE T what EVERY SINGLE TUTORIAL ON THE INTERNET TELLS ME TO DO, and never once does it ask for the bootlogs all it does is say, "wait for quickpwn to put your phone in recovery mode" i waited ALL NIGHT last night and NEVER not ONE time did it go to hold the home key for 5 seconds and I've tried everything

edit: ohh and i'm on windows XP as well sp3

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
If you followed XDA or PPCGeeks, then you should know about flashing. When all else fails, restore and then start from the beginning!!! :D

I was able to jailbreak very easily using a Vista machine and following the directions. I also didn't choose to change the bootscreens on the first try and it worked for me. Maybe try a full restore and then only install Installer and Cydia?

I did try to install w/o the bootloader screens a second time but the only difference is it got stuck on the apple screen.

I am going to try again this weekend when I have more time. I was hoping that it would be seemless :)

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
well what about my problem NO one can tell me anything no ideas nothing. and a buddy of mine has no luck same problem and hes on a Mac.

It can be tricky putting it into recovery mode. My guess is you are just not getting it right. Or it has something to do with your setup.

As for not be able to jailbreak certain iPhones, never heard of that before. If that were the case you'd have read about it here on the main page or on other iPhone sites.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner