Best Springboard theme

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I figured this would be a good time to mention it...

I have started a blog on WordPress that reviews various themes I have actually downloaded, used, and taken screenshots of! :D

If you would like to check it out it's right here---> uCreate

A link to the site is also in my signature as well.

I add themes when I have the time to sit down, use it for a few minutes, take the screenshots, and then get on WordPress and post them there.

If anyone has any tips or any request for a theme(s), please feel free to let me know.

Reactions: jamesus

blotto80

Oct 2, 2008
Visit site
these are currently my favorites

radiance2
IMG_0007.png

and tenuis
IMG_0011.png

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I like Tenuis.

I would suggest checking out MGS4, Metal Gear Solid 4 theme that is really awesome and probably my favorite so far! :rolleyes:

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I could really use some help here. I've searched far and wide looking for the best springboard theme and by the end of my search I'm exhausted. There's plenty of forum discussions where people post their shots but I can't seem to find the one and all site that shows the best. Is there any site you guys are using to find a "gallery" of springboard themes?

Yes, try this site:

winterboard themes ? iPhoneOverdose.com

On another note, I tried the Illuminated theme and it had a very bad effect on my battery. I picked up the phone which had been idle for 3 hours and was previously fully charged only to find it hot to the touch and battery life at about 75%. No other programs were running. This happened one more time so I uninstalled Illuminated and the problem is gone. Be careful of themes that switch pictures automatically.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
^ The icons are from Deep. You can find it at Macthemes2.net :)

Wallpaper and dock are separate (I did not create them but I can provide them if u want).

The status bar is a mod of MobileMe UI (no permission is granted yet for that mod).

The five icons across in the spingboard is a MobileSubstrate extension. It is under testing and should hit Cydia in the next few days :D

And the curved flying menu is Stack from Cydia.

Last edited:

MrEClass

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Awesome! I really like that curved flying menu. ;)

As for the 5 icons across the SpringBoard, what name will that be under?

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
^ the.deb package in this guide is not the latest btw. It has an issue with the uninstall script. And it is still dependent on Ruby.

The reason I recommended the wait is because by the time it hits Cydia, all the major issues will be ironed out.

You can refer to this thread for the latest version (It's the originating thread of this extension btw) - Page 11 has the latest package and instructions.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Hey, melwan, where else might I find the neo dark 5 icon dock? I looked in winterboard and didn't see it and didn't find anything in cydia.

melwan

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
^ hmm, thats weird cause I had it preinstalled with WinterBoard.

Anyway, I pulled mine using SSH and here it is NeoBlack5Dock

When you extract it, you will see 2 different docks, one with reflection and one without. Rename the one you want to Dock.png and the other to something else. SSH it to the themes folder, launch WinterBoard, check NeoBlack5Dock and place it higher in the list than your current themes. Respring and enjoy :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner