I have downloaded Quickpwn 2.1 for windows three times now (all from different links but have yet to get it to run. I uninstalled Norton and installed AVG but Quickpwn still will not run. Can anyone tell me does Quickpwn run on a Vista loaded machine
    Last edited by ninja279; 10-10-2008 at 05:38 PM.
    10-10-2008 05:23 PM
    yup. no problems. i have vista premium home edition and JB'd my phone last night. no issues with quickpwn.

use this link below: it's a step by step "how to," specifically for the 3G only and also has links for quickpwn and 3G IPSW firmware.

(sorry...i don't have enough posts to put the actual link, so add 'www' to the beginning.)

theiphoneblog.com/2008/09/29/how-to-jailbreak-iphone-21-windows-edition/

also, make sure to set up you downloaded file location in bittorrent to either the "pwnage" folder or to your desktop.

good luck and have fun with it!
    10-10-2008 07:09 PM
    Thanks for the reply, I gave up with trying to download anything from that website because every time I open it my CPU usage goes through the roof. At least I now know that the Quickpwn issue is down to my PC.
    10-10-2008 09:31 PM
    I followed the link from TiPb below and it was seamless on my Vista machine.

How to: Jailbreak iPhone 2.1 - Windows PC Edition | The iPhone Blog
    10-14-2008 05:10 PM
    Glad to see people having success with my guides. A lot of the comments people have issues. It really does depend on their machines.
    10-14-2008 05:26 PM
    Glad to see people having success with my guides. A lot of the comments people have issues. It really does depend on their machines.
    Your easy to follow guide was a great tutorial to follow. Thanks!
    10-15-2008 11:48 AM
    Your easy to follow guide was a great tutorial to follow. Thanks!
    Awesome, glad it worked out good for ya!
    10-15-2008 11:49 AM
    Hey.... have tried using your steps several times and keep running in to the same problem! When the software is about to Jailbreak my Vista kicks in to all its glory!!!

Data Execution Prevention turns the program off! When i try to tell vista to allow winpawn/quickpawn to operate without the DEP on it tells me the program cannot run without it....?!?!!???

Any suggestions?
    10-20-2008 08:15 AM
    Never mind!!!! I was using WinPawn 2.0.... This worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!
    10-20-2008 08:31 AM
    Never mind!!!! I was using WinPawn 2.0.... This worked perfectly!!!!!!!!!
    That would do it!
    10-20-2008 08:40 AM
    As I'm sure you've seen, you will get people who have problems posting their problems and flaming, but people for whom it has worked usually won't post. Don't worry, I'm sure tons of people have jailbroken successfully using your guide, but just haven't come back and posted anything
    10-20-2008 10:32 AM
    As I'm sure you've seen, you will get people who have problems posting their problems and flaming, but people for whom it has worked usually won't post. Don't worry, I'm sure tons of people have jailbroken successfully using your guide, but just haven't come back and posted anything
    Oh I know it works fine. Some people just don't have the best of luck. Hence the warnings I give in each guide. I really think that the biggest issues are either their computer setup or getting the phone into recovery mode. People seem to have major problems with those two things.
    10-20-2008 11:03 AM
    I have tried QuickPwn on two different machines and have yet to get it to open, all I get is the pop up with "QuickPwn has stopped working" before any kind of QuickPwn start up screen is seen. I have removed Norton and installed AVG. I have tried it on a machine loaded with XP instead of vista.
    Has anybody else had this problem
    10-20-2008 09:32 PM
    I have tried QuickPwn on two different machines and have yet to get it to open, all I get is the pop up with "QuickPwn has stopped working" before any kind of QuickPwn start up screen is seen. I have removed Norton and installed AVG. I have tried it on a machine loaded with XP instead of vista.
    Has anybody else had this problem
    Do you have .Net framwork updated and installed?
    10-21-2008 12:48 AM
    I have Vista Ultimate and used Quickpwn to JB flawlessly!!!

That's for all the info!

keep up the good work Bad Ash!
    10-27-2008 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD