Iphone Backgrounder

E-Bot

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
....even after a few minutes use, i can see this is a need for anyone with a jailbroken iphone. Pandora while, im'ing,surfing is so natural that it feels like its something that should have been there since the begining.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I've been pushing jailbreaking for a long time... people just don't seem to understand why... this is just another reason.

E-Bot

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
well, if i was available for said "longtime" i would have been with you. But as it stands, i've only owned my phone since sept 15th. But jailbreaking, the day that pwnage tool 2.1 was available for pc users. Since unlike my previous phone(razr original recipe) which had to do custom firmwares, iphone jailbreaking is relatively painless, plus the fact that i can easily reset to normal if need.

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
This looks great thanks for the tips. I guess I'll wait till I get use to the iphone for a bit and then look into the need for this. I am using the flycast internet radio player right now and so far they have a pretty good workaround to play internet radio in the background. I'm glad that there is an option out there like this but I guess I should make sure that it is something I need to do.

Thanks again.

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Alrighty I am jailbroken and running Pandora in the background!!! This is great! That was a piece of cake! Thanks a ton :D

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
So far back grounder has worked well. It is great to stream pandora while I surf the net. Backgrounder doesn't work well with my podcast streamer app but mabey that is not backgrounders fault. Ive been back and forth with the iPhone-loving it/not loving it. Backgrounder is definetly a boost for loving it!

jeversion1

Dec 20, 2008
www.myspace.com
backgrounder

it seems to not like to play nice with AIM or Beejive. for AIM it removes the keyboard so you cant reply without leaving the chat screen and coming back to it. then beejive it doesnt seem to always send the notification. anyone know if thats just mine? plus its a battery killer on my iphone...anyone agree. maybe i will turn off 3g like apple says to try for better battery life (read....why would i ever do something like that oh....you mean dont use my great data phone for fast data).

Voltaic Shock

Sep 16, 2008
Visit site
it seems to not like to play nice with AIM or Beejive. for AIM it removes the keyboard so you cant reply without leaving the chat screen and coming back to it. then beejive it doesnt seem to always send the notification. anyone know if thats just mine? plus its a battery killer on my iphone...anyone agree. maybe i will turn off 3g like apple says to try for better battery life (read....why would i ever do something like that oh....you mean dont use my great data phone for fast data).

I noticed it doesn't work to well with AIM. That's the main reason I wanted backgrounder.

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
I am about to give up on backgrounder. I use it for stitcher radio, Pandora, radioBox and FlyCast. Sometimes it works fine but most of the time it quits randomly. The backgrounder help notes say it is due to a lack of resources on the iphone. I tried resetting and I only had radioBox and google maps running and it just wouldnt work. How can that be a lack or resources,,,, its only 2 programs. A few days ago I tried to listen to Pandora while playing Theseus and it worked for about 3 minutes at a time.

I am going to have to sell my iPhone. It is pointless for me to have a phone that can not run the 2 programs I want at the same time. I frequently listen to internet radio while running another program and the iphone does a lousy job even with backgrounder.

For a while i did accomplish this with FlyTunes because FlyTunes launches quick time for radio but it dosent do it for very many NPR stations and often says a station cannot be found even though their are a dozen on there.

I give up,,, without built in, true multitasking,,,, the iPhone just isn't good enough................... for me.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Currently running apps in backgrounder

Got a quick question for y'all. How do you check all currently running apps in the background?

My issue is if i have 5 random apps enabled for background running, after half an hour, how do i keep track of which apps are still in background so that i can close them to save resources?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Install sbsettings, and then slide your finger accross the top task bar. When the menu pops up, tap "Processes". It will give you a list of all currently running processes.

You can also quit them there too.

KoukiFC3S

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
I am about to give up on backgrounder. I use it for stitcher radio, Pandora, radioBox and FlyCast. Sometimes it works fine but most of the time it quits randomly. The backgrounder help notes say it is due to a lack of resources on the iphone. I tried resetting and I only had radioBox and google maps running and it just wouldnt work. How can that be a lack or resources,,,, its only 2 programs. A few days ago I tried to listen to Pandora while playing Theseus and it worked for about 3 minutes at a time.

I am going to have to sell my iPhone. It is pointless for me to have a phone that can not run the 2 programs I want at the same time. I frequently listen to internet radio while running another program and the iphone does a lousy job even with backgrounder.

For a while i did accomplish this with FlyTunes because FlyTunes launches quick time for radio but it dosent do it for very many NPR stations and often says a station cannot be found even though their are a dozen on there.

I give up,,, without built in, true multitasking,,,, the iPhone just isn't good enough................... for me.
Get a 3GS! I run 4-5 apps all the time! :)

just_me#IM

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know if you're running Skype in the background what happens when you get a call?? Does it somehow push the app to the front or will it just ring in the background without you knowing about it?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77