Anyone elses phone screen crashing when pressing the green phone button? Once you push the call button it will bring up the key pad then 5 seconds later it will crash. You can dial out however it wont show the call progress screen. I went ahead and restored with itunes however i did enjoy the features that i got from jailbreaking the phone. Anyone else having this problem and have any idea on how to fix it?
    09-21-2008 05:56 PM
    Sorry to not answer your question. But, it's for reasons like this I'm scared to jailbreak my iPhone.

Nonetheless, I hope you get it figured out soon. Maybe retry the steps to jailbreak, no?
    09-21-2008 06:17 PM
    I'll eventually give it a try again, and on a side note i remember from from the blackberry forums lol
    09-21-2008 06:22 PM
    i had said problem. Its due to something wrong with kate in the installer app, try removing that and see. It worked for me.
    09-21-2008 06:52 PM
    Anyone elses phone screen crashing when pressing the green phone button? Once you push the call button it will bring up the key pad then 5 seconds later it will crash. You can dial out however it wont show the call progress screen. I went ahead and restored with itunes however i did enjoy the features that i got from jailbreaking the phone. Anyone else having this problem and have any idea on how to fix it?
    You have to remember that with jailbreaking a iPhone is just like applying hacks with Windows Mobile... they will not always play nice together. Sometimes you will run into little things like this. Me personally, if I ever run into issues like this I go with a restore. Just to make sure all is well everywhere else. Things can get bad real quick.
    09-21-2008 07:08 PM
    Thank you for your post!! Just jailbroke my iphone 3G and had thesme problem. Got rid of Kate and all is good. I also converted from BB to iphone; what's up Navi...
    09-26-2008 04:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD