New QuickPwn for 2.1 iPhones has caused my phone to reset infinitely

LumpOfCole

Sep 21, 2008
Visit site
Never even gets to the Slide to Unlock or Home screen. :mad:

No, I didn't have it Jailbroken before. Yes, I did follow all of the instructions on screen perfectly. Guh.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Simple restore. Something obvious went wrong that's a no brainer. Restore in iTunes and try again. I've now done 6 phones the past week with the latest software, all without any issues.

Last edited:

burkele

Sep 22, 2008
Visit site
Jailbreaked but device not recognized by iTunes

Hey Bad Ash.
I jailbroke my iPhone 2.1, but the phone is now constantly in Emergency Call mode (and iTunes says only authorised SIM cards are allowed), so I can't get the Springboard screen.
The phone works, however.
Did I miss something?
Cheers.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hey Bad Ash.
I jailbroke my iPhone 2.1, but the phone is now constantly in Emergency Call mode (and iTunes says only authorised SIM cards are allowed), so I can't get the Springboard screen.
The phone works, however.
Did I miss something?
Cheers.

When you say the phone works... do you mean you can place calls still? To me it sounds like it was never unlocked or activated. Do you have the old iPhone? 3g? What version of iTunes do you have? Windows? Mac? Need more info.

burkele

Sep 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi BA.
It is IPhone 2G, updated to FW 2.1. It was simlocked to Orange (France) and would not work on SFR, my operator.
My son lent me an old Orange SIM card (no longer valid and impossible to phone with, but recongnized by iTunes), which allowed me to use the iPhone as a dumb PDA (= no phone or SMS services).
I used the QickPwn for FW 2.1 and it un-simlocked the phone (the SFR chip now allows phone and SMS services, though it says only Emergency Calls possible).
This means that I now have a phone, but no other function.
When I plug into iTunes, it says the SIM card does not come from an authorised operator.
I am using iTunes 8.0.0.35 and Vista Home Premium.
Does this help?
Cheers.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Hi BA.
It is IPhone 2G, updated to FW 2.1. It was simlocked to Orange (France) and would not work on SFR, my operator.
My son lent me an old Orange SIM card (no longer valid and impossible to phone with, but recongnized by iTunes), which allowed me to use the iPhone as a dumb PDA (= no phone or SMS services).
I used the QickPwn for FW 2.1 and it un-simlocked the phone (the SFR chip now allows phone and SMS services, though it says only Emergency Calls possible).
This means that I now have a phone, but no other function.
When I plug into iTunes, it says the SIM card does not come from an authorised operator.
I am using iTunes 8.0.0.35 and Vista Home Premium.
Does this help?
Cheers.

So you have a old sim card that you are not paying for correct? After you unlocked it with that sim it started to work? Even though you are not paying? Am I following you correctly?

burkele

Sep 22, 2008
Visit site
The old card was a pre-paid card that has long since expired (=Orange network in France).

The iPhone fonctions all work when this SIM card is in (except phone and SMS services!).

When I put in an active SIM card (but not Orange, which has an exclusive deal with Apple in France, same as that of ATT in the US), the phone works (though it indicates Emergency call only), but nothing else because Itunes does not recognize the SIM card as "active".

This seems to be a relatively common issue with QuickPwn 2.1 jailbroken desimlocked phones when inserting a non-recognized SIM, if I read other forums....

Thx for any insight you might have.
Cheers.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
The old card was a pre-paid card that has long since expired (=Orange network in France).

The iPhone fonctions all work when this SIM card is in (except phone and SMS services!).

When I put in an active SIM card (but not Orange, which has an exclusive deal with Apple in France, same as that of ATT in the US), the phone works (though it indicates Emergency call only), but nothing else because Itunes does not recognize the SIM card as "active".

This seems to be a relatively common issue with QuickPwn 2.1 jailbroken desimlocked phones when inserting a non-recognized SIM, if I read other forums....

Thx for any insight you might have.
Cheers.

To me it sounds like the phone is either not activated or still locked. Sorry I can't be much more help to you. I am not familiar with unlocking or jailbreaking for anything but At&t and Tmobile here in the USA. Have you tried restoring and jailbreaking/unlocking again?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
you can do a restore via iTunes. It will just put the device to it's normal state. I'm not saying to use a restore file. Just restore it as new.

Sonamabesh

Sep 29, 2008
Visit site
Ash, I'm having the same problem with the endless loop. I went to iTunes to restore, however my iPhone crashes iTunes on one computer and on my other computer it doesn't recognize my device. I reinstalled iTunes as well. Any other ideas?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Ash, I'm having the same problem with the endless loop. I went to iTunes to restore, however my iPhone crashes iTunes on one computer and on my other computer it doesn't recognize my device. I reinstalled iTunes as well. Any other ideas?

You have to put your phone into DFU mode. Connect your phone to your computer and hold the home button down along with the power button. try for about 12 seconds. Then release the power button while continuing to hold the home button for another 10 seconds or so. That should force it into DFU mode and iTunes will then pop up.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods