So now you have a 3g, Thinking of Jailbreaking?

To Jailbreak or not to Jailbreak?

• Yes, I think I'm going to give it try!

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Nope, not going to risk it

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Jailbreaking? What's that???

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I know this is not the "official" jailbreaking forum but this thread is aimed for the non-jailbreakers out there... I've been noticing more and more cool apps appearing on installer and cydia for the latest firmwares. Anyone going to be first time jailbreakers?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I don't think I will ever jailbreak my iPhone.

Why not??? My other iPhone's were, I'm seeing so many cool apps now I'm going to do my 3g now. It's pretty safe if you know what you are doing. Opens up tons of new stuff for the iPhone.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Warranty? Having to unjailbreak if there is a problem or everytime a new update comes along?

True, but it's oh so worth it. If there ever was a issue all you do is simply restore and you are good to go into any Apple store. They would never know.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I am still not thinking of jailbreaking quite yet maybe sometime, however where is the list of apps for jailbroken iphones?

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
I already switched back. I liked it, but I'm already perfectly fine with the way it is already. I probably didn't find any of the good apps for jailbreaking though. :(

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Yea I just did it. It's ok so far, the installer crashes a lot though.

Not to make you nervous but I have yet to have Installer crash a single time.

I already switched back. I liked it, but I'm already perfectly fine with the way it is already. I probably didn't find any of the good apps for jailbreaking though. :(

Wow, seems like someone was a bit nervous to have it on there eh? ;)

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I haven't jailbroken...I have thought about it, but I am not sure what functionality is out there for a jailbroken phone that I am missing.

Out of curioisity, do you lose any functionality? Can you still use all the "normal" features (app store, usage, etc) on a jailbroken phone?

Chris

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Not to make you nervous but I have yet to have Installer crash a single time.

Wow, seems like someone was a bit nervous to have it on there eh? ;)

Not nervous, I think something happened while jailbreaking. I did a fresh restore and did it again and now installer works fine.

avt123

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Now installer is acting weird. It isn't crashing, but if I select an item from the most popular list on the featured page, it wont show up anymore, it just brings it to the search with the name in the search bar and nothing is there. Any ideas?

EDIT- Never mind, now installer crashes anytime I search for something.
EDIT- Now I refreshed my sources and everything works again /sigh

Last edited:

Reaktor5

May 31, 2008
Visit site
I jailbroke my original iPod touch before the App Store was even known to exist. But now that I have my iPhone 3G, I don't really see the need to. Sure I'd love a video recorder app and to change my theme but it's just small features I wouldn't use all that much.

E-Bot

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i jailbroke my 3g, love the customizabilities. But things can get confusing. I have found though that overrall performance at times can chug a little, probably due to the amount of crap of loaded onto it. Had an issue with Idownloader and video playback. Im hopeing once those controller adapters come out for this that the nes will be adapted to use it and play in widescreen. So far love my iphone and as being a first time poster and apple product owner things are fairly smooth. Did notice that my signal sometimes is weird and will drop altogether for a min which never occured with the normal software suite. Regardless things only get better, for the most part.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I jailbroke my original iPod touch before the App Store was even known to exist. But now that I have my iPhone 3G, I don't really see the need to. Sure I'd love a video recorder app and to change my theme but it's just small features I wouldn't use all that much.

There is more out there than you actually think. More and more stuff keeps popping up. And it seems Cydia has become a bit more popular over the Installer app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods