Music App on macOS auto-switching to Browse view

thisismillett

Jul 27, 2021
Visit site
Hi, there

Over the last couple weeks I've been driven farther and farther down the road toward insanity by the Music app's insistence on switching itself from whatever view i'm in to the Browse home screen. I'm on Big Sur 11.

I never use the Browse tab, it's just not how I find what i want. I play either from a shortcut on the Listen Now page, at which point my view should remain there, or from an album/playlist page showing the songs in the selection and which one is playing. Yet inevitably, after 10 minutes or so, when I glance back at the app, it's on the Browse home page advertising selections to me that I never engage with.

Has anyone else experienced this? And more to the point, has anyone figured out a fix?

I've tried searching google, but I'm either alone here, or more likely just not coming up with the right query language. Any help or commiseration would be welcome.

-Mike

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi, there

Over the last couple weeks I've been driven farther and farther down the road toward insanity by the Music app's insistence on switching itself from whatever view i'm in to the Browse home screen. I'm on Big Sur 11.

I never use the Browse tab, it's just not how I find what i want. I play either from a shortcut on the Listen Now page, at which point my view should remain there, or from an album/playlist page showing the songs in the selection and which one is playing. Yet inevitably, after 10 minutes or so, when I glance back at the app, it's on the Browse home page advertising selections to me that I never engage with.

Has anyone else experienced this? And more to the point, has anyone figured out a fix?

I've tried searching google, but I'm either alone here, or more likely just not coming up with the right query language. Any help or commiseration would be welcome.

-Mike

Hello and welcome to iMore! I'm sure that you will find the help you're looking for!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73