View songs not imported by iTunes when importing .xml playlists

peanutbuttersquash

Jan 9, 2021
Visit site
Hello everyone - happy 2021! I've researched this question a lot and haven't found an answer, so could one of you kind folks please help me? Here's the situation...

I'm importing a .xml playlists into a new iTunes library. All the songs in the .xml playlist are exist in the new iTunes library, as the new library is just a combination of files from a few different iTunes libraries I've had over the years.

When importing these playlists (e.g. "Best Albums_1.xml"), I receive an error that reads “some songs in the playlist were not imported because they could not be found”. Unfortunately, iTunes doesn't provide a list of songs that weren't added to the playlist, which makes it impossible to manually update the playlist to ensure all songs from the .xml playlist exist in the new library's playlist.

Do you know any way to see the songs not imported by iTunes when importing .xml playlists?

EDIT: Was able to solve this problem via a helpful person on the official Apple support forums. Here's the URL to that solution - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252288277?login=true&page=1

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone - happy 2021! I've researched this question a lot and haven't found an answer, so could one of you kind folks please help me? Here's the situation...

I'm importing a .xml playlists into a new iTunes library. All the songs in the .xml playlist are exist in the new iTunes library, as the new library is just a combination of files from a few different iTunes libraries I've had over the years.

When importing these playlists (e.g. "Best Albums_1.xml"), I receive an error that reads “some songs in the playlist were not imported because they could not be found”. Unfortunately, iTunes doesn't provide a list of songs that weren't added to the playlist, which makes it impossible to manually update the playlist to ensure all songs from the .xml playlist exist in the new library's playlist.

Do you know any way to see the songs not imported by iTunes when importing .xml playlists?

EDIT: Was able to solve this problem via a helpful person on the official Apple support forums. Here's the URL to that solution - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252288277?login=true&page=1

Hello and welcome to iMore! It’s good to have you here. Thanks for sharing your solution. It will definitely help others in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73