iTunes gift card

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
If you get people iTunes gift cards that are currently on your family sharing does the person you give the gift card to get to use his own gift card when he wants or does it go into the family account

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The information found via the following link should be helpful to you.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201079

In Summary, “the family organizer—pays for most purchases that family members make. But if you're a family member and you have your own Apple ID balance, your purchases bill to your personal Apple ID balance. Some purchases, including gifts, can't be billed to Apple ID balance and will be charged to the family organizer's payment method.”

Source: The aforementioned link.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
My cousin who I’m giving the gift card to HAS his own Apple ID. So if I’m reading it correctly he won’t be charged on his gift card if I made a purchase right

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My cousin who I’m giving the gift card to HAS his own Apple ID. So if I’m reading it correctly he won’t be charged on his gift card if I made a purchase right

When in Family Sharing, a family member can use iTunes Gift card credit to pay for purchases.

“Family purchases and payments - Apple Support
Making purchases
After you set up your family, any time a family member initiates a new purchase it will be billed directly to your account, unless that family member has gift or store credit. First, their store credit will be used to pay the partial or total bill. The remainder will bill to the family organizer's card.

Make sure that what you were billed for is in fact the entirety of the purchase. If the purchase cost exceeds the itunes credit available in your child's account the remainder will be billed your account. Also the credit must have been redeemed onto the account, and be available before initiating the purchase. “

Source: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7898521

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR