Does the iPad need to be on in order to back up to iTunes?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Backing up to iTunes

Much appreciated. Cause my iPad is backing to to my computer and the status bar is not making any progress but the small graphic next to the WiFi signal is turning.

Just wondering if the iPad is still backing up or quit backing up on its own.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Much appreciated. Cause my iPad is backing to to my computer and the status bar is not making any progress but the small graphic next to the WiFi signal is turning.

Just wondering if the iPad is still backing up or quit backing up on its own.

Just give it time.
You’ll eventually know when it’s finished or when the backup has failed.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Backing up to iTunes

What does iTunes say?

Well what I ended up doing is to disconnect the iPad from the computer cause iTunes would not respond to the mousie. Then reconnected iPad. Redid the backup. Then after that SYNCED the phone. That worked perfectly.

So then I decided to update iTunes to the newest version then rebackup and resync the iPad. Again worked perfectly. I did this that way the replacement iPad will be backed up to the broke screen iPad with the same iOS version and iTunes version using restore.

Last edited:

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Ok my computers C drive is like 2.64 MB’s free out of 1 TB. So I am moving my I phone and iPad backups from the C drive to a external hard drive.

Now when I want to restore a device in iTunes does itunes automaticaally locate backups on a external hard drive?

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Backing up to iTunes

Here is another thing. I purchased another computer so I would have plenty of room for backups. What us weird. On my new computer the backups are not saves with the name of my preferred name I gave my devices.

Example I name a device like IPad 256GB 2nd. The back on the new computer is saved as iPad 256. The 2nd is missing. Here are the photographs I’d the two computer backups.

The top is the older computer backups.

d93593fe35710cdc0e02bd65236e4149.jpg

20f1a8c471274b376b2613ea5a94486a.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73