Use code imore10 andsave 10% on your first Upsie warranty
    What happens next with my HUGE Itunes Music Library on a Windows Device ?

I am lost ...ABout 70% of it's contents are my own music, the rest bought on iTunes. All our devices are Apple expect the Laptop that houses my iTunes Library.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by colocolo; 06-04-2019 at 10:28 AM.
    06-04-2019 09:47 AM
    06-04-2019 10:06 AM
    As I understand it, nothing is going away... things are just being rearranged.
    06-04-2019 10:07 AM
    What happens next with my HUGE Itunes Library on a Windows Device ?

I am lost ...ABout 70% of it's contents are my own music, the rest bought on iTunes. All our devices are Apple expect the Laptop that houses my iTunes Library.

Thanks for your help.
    I have the new macOS Catalina installed on my MBP, and from what I can see, all of your music, Albums, etcetera are still available in the new Music app. The only difference between it and the previous iTunes (from what I can see) is the fact that connected devices are now managed via Finder.
    colocolo likes this.
    06-04-2019 10:18 AM
    Where is this "APPLE MUSIC" at ? Sorry, kind of dense here ..
    06-04-2019 10:29 AM
    Where is this "APPLE MUSIC" at ? Sorry, kind of dense here ..
    When macOS updates to Catalina you’ll find Apple Music in the same app that used to be iTunes. They just took out TV and made it the separate Apple TV app, as well as other things, like moving connected devices to Finder as drives.
    Just_Me_D and colocolo like this.
    06-04-2019 10:34 AM
    Txs ALL of you for your HELP, this place is always TOPS when questions arise, Im a tad lost still, but it has to settle in my head sooner or later.

You Guys (Gals) make it sound so easy .. it's gotta be.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    06-04-2019 10:53 AM
    You're going to lose everything. :-)
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-04-2019 10:57 AM
    Txs ALL of you for your HELP, this place is always TOPS when questions arise, Im a tad lost still, but it has to settle in my head sooner or later.

You Guys (Gals) make it sound so easy .. it's gotta be.

It's understandable and still very new! There was so much announced yesterday that it's going to take time for it to absorb! In time, we'll all figure it out!
    colocolo likes this.
    06-04-2019 10:59 AM
    I'm wondering if someone who is running a beta could post a screenshot here of what the new Music App looks like, so people can get an idea of where they can find their music.
    06-06-2019 08:04 AM
    I'm wondering if someone who is running a beta could post a screenshot here of what the new Music App looks like, so people can get an idea of where they can find their music.
    iTunes and AppleMusic are only changed on MacOS. For iOS everything will stay the same (for now).
    06-06-2019 10:37 AM
    iTunes and AppleMusic are only changed on MacOS. For iOS everything will stay the same (for now).
    I realized that after I posted it!
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-06-2019 10:40 AM
    The news media hasn’t been very helpful here too. I have heard plenty of radio news people claim that iTunes is ending. I wonder if any of them even watched the WWDC.
    06-07-2019 08:02 PM
    The news media hasn’t been very helpful here too. I have heard plenty of radio news people claim that iTunes is ending. I wonder if any of them even watched the WWDC.
    Technically they’re not wrong.
    The name iTunes won’t be used in any official capacity on MacOS
    scruffypig likes this.
    06-08-2019 02:09 AM
    I am thinking your iTune library will be safe and still running on windows under a slightly different name however I have downloaded (free) an app called Music Bee and it scans iTunes for all your music files but no videos just your music .
    06-08-2019 06:30 AM
    Thanks again finally I understand that when the Fall Update comes on, (Catalina arrival) the entire music library will remain intact and now inside the parameters of Apple Music.

The press mostly misrepresented a lot about the iTunes story BEFORE and EVEN after The recent Apple Event and left it at that.
    Last edited by colocolo; 06-11-2019 at 11:11 AM.
    Tartarus likes this.
    06-11-2019 11:00 AM