Hi.
    I had numerous songs in iTunes gray and with the dotted circle. I reloaded these songs, allowing iTunes to make copies, consolidate, etc; redownloaded the purchased ones; and de/reauthorized the pc, and all was good.

Ok, now, this has happened with not songs in the iTunes library, but in the ‘purchased tab in ‘my device (iPhone X)

I repeated all the steps above to no avail. The songs are all there and playable on my phone so I can’t redownload them.

Anyone know how to fix this?
    09-04-2018 07:58 AM
    Do you subscribe to Music or iTunes Match?
    09-04-2018 08:05 AM
    Never match, but had the trial three months of Apple Music. Is that significant?
    09-04-2018 12:10 PM
    Never match, but had the trial three months of Apple Music. Is that significant?
    If you no longer subscribe to Apple Music, any songs you downloaded will be unavailable unless you have a current subscription.
    09-04-2018 12:30 PM
    Yeah none of these were downloaded via Apple Music. They’re all purchased outright from iTunes. And recall they’re black/executable in my iTunes library and on my phone, but they are grey with dotted circles in the ‘purchased music’ section of my device. Even in iTunes Store under purchased they’re all there playable. Just don’t know why on the ‘my device’ tab in iTunes only one album’s songs are grey.
    09-04-2018 12:43 PM
    Yeah none of these were downloaded via Apple Music. They’re all purchased outright from iTunes. And recall they’re black/executable in my iTunes library and on my phone, but they are grey with dotted circles in the ‘purchased music’ section of my device. Even in iTunes Store under purchased they’re all there playable. Just don’t know why on the ‘my device’ tab in iTunes only one album’s songs are grey.
    Disable iCloud Music Library in Music Settings and it should be fixed.
    09-04-2018 01:08 PM
    Yeah, I don’t have that turned on. Hmm
    09-04-2018 01:21 PM