iTunes songs doubled

Cedric12

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
We installed iSyncr for our phone. It transfers 100 songs free. Then we got a new iPhone 6, so we updated iTunes. Once we tried syncing the music onto the new phone, we got a ton of exclamation points. Apparently the songs couldn't be played because the files were missing. We got an error message that claimed there were 100 problems. This led us to believing it was iSyncr. There are issues with iSyncr causing this. But most of the library is like this. So we tried going into File/Add Folder to library/iTunes and it seemed like it was restoring the music. Only now the songs were doubled. Ok that's a pain but we can at least erase one song, right? Wrong. Even though both doubled songs will play, when you delete one, the other is no longer found. Restoring it and deleting the other doesn't work either.

What on earth is going on and what can we do to fix this? This is monstrous. And it seems to have corrupted all the previous library folders too!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never heard of the app you mentioned so I recommend you contact the developer for a remedy while awaiting a reply from members who are familiar with the app.

Cedric12

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
She had restored everything which did cause her iTunes & songs to come back, but with the "!" She had been deleting the extra songs & clicking Keep File but it's pretty overwhelming which it's affected 90% of her 3000 song library, especially since many songs seem to be missing files. She is starting to despair of ever finishing her task.

Cedric12

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
It's an App that helps Sync up music to an Android phone. When she got her iPhone, she didn't think it would affect her iTunes synching to that.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
It's an App that helps Sync up music to an Android phone. When she got her iPhone, she didn't think it would affect her iTunes synching to that.

Unfortunately any app that helps sync data from one OS to another OS is bound to cause issues.

If you uninstall the app and remove your Apple ID (If you had to do that), is the issue still there? Like @Just_Me_D said, I believe you need to contact the developer of the app here:

Contact us | JRT Studio

Cedric12

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Is there a way for us to remove the songs in iTunes and transfer the music from her iPod, or else replace existing files with the songs in her iPod?

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way for us to remove the songs in iTunes and transfer the music from her iPod, or else replace existing files with the songs in her iPod?

If the songs were not purchased from iTunes, you'll need to have copies of the songs sitting on your computer. From within the Settings on iTunes you tell it where the path is to the music on your computer. Then plug your phone/ipad/ipod in to your computer and allow iTunes to sync all of the music.

I keep almost 5 thousand songs on my iPhone and I have learned that using 3rd party apps or software to sync your music just isn't worth the headache. Learning how to use iTunes is your best option.

Cedric12

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
I also wonder, IF she looks in her Music folders on Windows, and they seem to be intact, if she could copy them to another folder,
delete the original folders,
uninstall & then install a fresh iTunes,
if that might work?

We're just desperate in trying to fix what she does have & find what she thinks may be 2000 songs that are missing.

Cedric12

Jun 1, 2018
Visit site
Update: She took four hours & deleted all the duplicates.

She went to the Boost store where she got the iPhone. She recalls the man talked about
"settings in the phone that deal with wifi or needing to allow syncing or something...
But he said something about iCloud. If these settings aren't right, it doesn't work."
That prompted her to wonder what settings on iPhone 6 might be keeping her from syncing iTunes?

Soon as I post that in another forum, she lets my know that the iTunes starts synching to her iPhone
BUT she's missing a lot of music.
We need to figure out how to transfer the files back from Media Player, or her old iPod.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
We need to figure out how to transfer the files back from Media Player, or her old iPod.

You can't unless you have either purchased them from iTunes (or Amazon, in which case you just re-download them manually) or have copies of the music files on the same computer where iTunes is running.

If the files are already on a hard drive and some aren't syncing or some are missing then the original iTunes file that keeps all of that info is corrupt. If this is the case, then you have to follow the explicit directions from Apple Support to manually uninstall every trace of iTunes on the computer and all of the registry entries for iTunes (not sure how or if the latter is possible on an Apple computer). If reinstalling iTunes still shows all of your personal settings then iTunes was not uninstalled properly.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods