I don't have enough 'reputation' to post on an old article, but I have a question about the service so I figured I'd post it here.

https://www.imore.com/movies-anywhere?_ga=GA1.2.346624560.1525023834&passport=1 525024178#comment-form

Let's say a company leaves the service or it shuts down, if I bought that movie on Amazon will my iTunes copy go away? Sometimes I can get a movie for cheaper on a different service, if I do that and move it to my iTunes (which is where I really want it) and then that studio leaves or Movie Anywhere goes away, do I still get to keep my iTunes copy? Is that 'purchase' permanent or dependent on there service continuing?
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    04-29-2018 12:55 PM
    That IS a good question. My feeling is that Movies Anywhere is going to be around, and that this won't be much of an issue. There is another similar (but different) service called UltraViolet and they have lasted the test of time.

https://www.myuv.com/
    04-30-2018 10:44 AM
    Hey there @joeyovens. Welcome to iMore.

I've only dealt with iTunes, but my thoughts are that if you have an Amazon movie that you are watching via Movies Anywhere, and then Amazon pulls out of the deal, you movie should still be available on Amazon using the Amazon app.

I guess to test that theory you could sign out of Amazon in Movies Anywhere and see if the movie is still there.
    pkcable likes this.
    04-30-2018 11:11 AM