I know variations of this topic abound on iMore, but I haven’t seen one specific to my question - a very simple one: syncing two iPhones to the same library, with same Apple ID, iCloud account, with the second number being a verified number on the account, etc.

I have a 7+ and a 6+. The 7+ is my main number and associated with my Apple ID. The 6+ is a second number on my ATT account.

If my friend gives me her iPhone - identical to mine - a 256gb 7p - and I add it to my ATT account, giving a number I currently use on my spare 6+, what happens when I connect it to my iTunes library and click sync ?

It’ll warn me doing so will erase/replace the data, but what else? Will it allow me to have two phones sync’able to that one library?

I need my 7+ to remain unchanged in relation to my Apple ID and all that, and I need the iTunes library to remain uncorrupted with respect to it syncing with the 7+ as my main Apple ID phone. But I want that second phone to also copy the whole library and Apple ID info as well.

Can I do this?

If so, do I ‘restore from backup’ that second phone? Or do click sync?

Thanks!
    12-01-2017 12:54 PM
    Big mahalos everyone. Aloha does indeed exist waho ku’u Hawai’i nei.
    12-13-2017 01:23 PM
    wish someone who knew would answer this. I have the same general question, but one is a 6s the other my older 4s... I have tunes on my 4s that I want on my 6s, but cant figure out how to do that and have my 6s remain unchanged...

I wish there was just a drag/drop option for iPhones! I frick'n hate iTunes.
    02-20-2018 02:48 PM
    Yeah well I did it and it wasn’t as smooth as everybody says. I had a 7+ and created an encrypted backup. I restored the X from that back up. I created an encrypted backup of the x. I fully erased the 7+. I restored the 7+ from the X encrypted backup. Pretty simple. But a lot of odd inexplicable things resulted. Not smooth like people said.
    02-20-2018 04:55 PM