Songs on iPod Nano but not on iTunes?

jagsfan05

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Years ago, I remember having to add my entire music collection on iTunes. But about a year ago, I noticed that the only songs now on my iTunes are only like the 10-20 I have purchased recently for the first time on the iTunes store. So for example, if I pull up my iTunes on my computer without the iPod plugged in, these 10-20 purchased songs are the only ones that come up. I don't know if this is due to some update that happened years ago or something?

But then when I hook up my iPod Nano 5th generation to the computer, then all my songs show up in my library. The hundreds I have from years back from other people or CD's, etc. and not ones that I purchased (Probably because they are only on my iPod?). When I need to add a song to my iPod that I have purchased from the iTunes store, I simply drag from the purchased list and put it on "Brett's iPod".

But what can I do so that all my songs from my iPod Nano are also in my library on iTunes when the iPod isn't hooked up to my computer? Aren't they supposed to be a mirror image of each other? That's what I want...I don't like how my iTunes is only showing the songs that I have purchased. Can someone please walk me through how to do this step by step? Sorry, if this is confusing to explain. Tried my best. I have no idea why all my songs from my library on iTunes aren't there anymore from years ago. I used to be able to play all my songs without the iPod being connected but maybe some update happened that messed this up? Or maybe I messed this up? This also scares me because if my iPod was to break, I would have to read all these back to the iTunes library one by one? I have backups of all my music but I figured there might be an easier way to do it in a quick manner right now?

Thanks!

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
In iTunes, I have the path set to the drive and folder on my computer where the mp3's are stored. As long as that folder of music is sitting on my computer, and the path is set to it in iTunes, my music remains synced between that folder and my phone and the music shows up in the iTunes list.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Sorry I don't understand what you are saying or how that helps me.

Anyone, please help.

iTunes has no way of knowing where the music is on your hard drive unless you tell it in the settings. Without telling it where the music is, it cannot sync the music to your Apple device when you plug it in to your computer and open iTunes.

File Aug 23, 8 15 37 PM.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox