iTunes backup notes

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello.

My wife has her notes she had on her iPhone 5 (At&t) backed up in iTunes.

Her iPhone 5 broke

I bought a used iPhone 6 (Verizon)

When out the iPhone 5 At&t sim in the verizon iPhone 6, plugged into iTunes - the iOS from the Verizon iPhone 6 was not the same as the At&t iPhone 5.

Therefore iTunes wouldn't let me set up and restore my new Verizon iPhone 6 from the old At&t iPhone 5 because the iOS wasn't the same.

So with that context, is there anyway to get the anything from the iPhone 5 At&t backup in iTunes into the new Verizon iPhone 6? Specifically the notes.

I know if her phone was backed up to the cloud this wouldn't be a problem. However that is not how it was set up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you refer to Notes in the Notes app on the phones? If so, it doesn't matter which carrier. Notes is an Apple thing. If you had Notes set up with iCloud, you should get them on the new phone. But if you had it set up with "on my iPhone", you can't get them."On My iPhone " does not sync with anything. It's totally local on the device. Check your email accounts. You may have had notes sync with one of those, like Gmail.
Be sure Notes are set up with iCloud.
378013ddf7a08cf0bd72f84db91857f3.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
In order to restore a backup to any iPhone, you have to make sure the backup is not from a phone with a higher version of iOS on it.
To make sure this is not the case, make sure your iPhone 6 is updated to the latest version.

After doing this, just restore the backup from the iPhone 5S to your iPhone 6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2