iTues 12.5.3.16 - crashing after adding new album

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
This morning I added a downloaded commercial album I purchased to iTunes on Windows 10. About a minute after I add the folder, I see the songs show up in Recently Added, but iTunes will crash - and will crash every time I run it from there on. I have tried downloading it again, I have a very good internet. I have tried the MP-3 and the MP-3 320 (320 kb/s) versions of the songs. They also have FLAC format, should I try that?

I suspect it is the update of iCloud Music Library, as this is a small music house and from searches I don't see the album in the Apple Music store, so I assume it's uploading it. I do know if I turn off WiFi on my laptop, I can pay the songs fine in iTubnes, but if I go to my iPad the album shows up there, as do the song titles in the album, but none of the songs downloaded.

What should I do?

Thanks!

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
As an update - I deleted the new album, and ensured all was well. I restarted and then just added 1 of the songs to my library. I right clicked and selected "Add to iCloud Music Library" and iTunes crashed.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Fixed it - it is apparently a bug the in the Windows iTunes. I went to iTunes on my Macbook Pro, imported the album, and got it uploaded into iCloud Music Library from there. It downloaded o my phone and Windows 10 computer fine, as did the playlist I created from it.