If a purchased song that is no longer in the iTunes Store or Apple music catalog is it uploaded?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
if a purchased song is no longer on iTunes Store or Apple music catalogue is it "uploaded"

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 23.37.11.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-10 at 23.37.17.pngOn Apple Music i have a song which is available on the iTunes store and Apple Music catalogue however the version I have has a different album art and is 1 second longer but the one on the store is different album art and 1 second shorter so will this display "Uploaded" as the icloud status since this particular version of the song is no longer on the store but a different version with a different album cover and 1 second shorter. the original version i have is not on the stores. see the screenshots below as you can see different song times and album art

My question is basically is this uploaded icloud status correct

Thanks

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: if a purchased song is no longer on iTunes Store or Apple music catalogue is it "uploaded"

I'm not gonna answer that but give you a faster way to make sure your own song gets uploaded rather than matched with Apple Music's catalogue.

Simply find your own song in iTunes or open the id3 tags with an other program and add (my own song) to the 'title' tag of that particular song.

Do this for every song you want to ensure to be uploaded to iCloud Music Library and you'll be good.

You can also use your own prefix if you don't want to see 'my own song' in the title. Really anything is okay, as long as the title tag deviates from the one in the Apple Music catalogue.

I have done this myself for a few original recordings and it works.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: if a purchased song is no longer on iTunes Store or Apple music catalogue is it "uploaded"

Thanks. I was just curious about the other question

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77