Why won't iTunes on Windows play HD movies?

matt-cb

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
iTunes on Windows won't play HD movies

So I bought a movie on iTunes and when I try to play it it says: "This movie cannot be played in HD" "To play this movie in HD, you must have a computer with a built-in display or have it connected to a display that supports HCDP." There used to be a Play in SD button but it didn't work and now the only options are OK and Learn More. The Learn More essentially tells me to buy a new computer/display (probably a MacBook) and OK does nothing. I tried calling Apple but apparently their phone support is horrible. I see no reason why my 2015 HP laptop with a 1080p touchscreen and Windows 10 cannot play a movie. Thanks!

keith from NY

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I was having this issue on a Windows 10 computer with a new monitor and graphics card that are definitely HDCP compliant. CyberLink's PowerDVD was also telling me that I couldn't play encrypted BluRays because of HDCP issues. After much trial and error, in my case a program called Splashtop Server that I used for remote access to the PC from my iPad was causing the problem, after I uninstalled it everything was fine. From what I've read it seems like any sort of non-standard display driver such as those used by remote access tools may cause DHCP to break. If you have any programs like that on your laptop, you can try uninstalling them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh