Why does iTunes Prompts for an update when my iPhone is up to date?

msalmank

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
iTunes Prompts for update when iPhone is up to date

Hi,

Is anyone facing this bizarre behavior with iTunes today? For some reason, when I connect my iPhone 6S Plus to the computer, iTunes prompts me that an update (iOS 9.2.1) is available for my phone. The thing is that my iPhone is already on iOS 9.2.1.

If i go to Updates via my iPhone, it says I'm on the latest software version, but iTunes always prompts me to update. I've restarted my computer and my iPhone numerous times without any change.

I want to try and push the update button, but I'm half-afraid it'll do something weird! ;)

Anyone else faced this recently? I remember connecting my iPhone to the computer yesterday and it not prompting to update then.

Regards

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: iTunes Prompts for update when iPhone is up to date

Hi,

Is anyone facing this bizarre behavior with iTunes today? For some reason, when I connect my iPhone 6S Plus to the computer, iTunes prompts me that an update (iOS 9.2.1) is available for my phone. The thing is that my iPhone is already on iOS 9.2.1.

If i go to Updates via my iPhone, it says I'm on the latest software version, but iTunes always prompts me to update. I've restarted my computer and my iPhone numerous times without any change.

I want to try and push the update button, but I'm half-afraid it'll do something weird! ;)

Anyone else faced this recently? I remember connecting my iPhone to the computer yesterday and it not prompting to update then.

Regards

There is an update to 9.2.1. It is to correct the problem that causes Error 53. You will find it is a different build number. I did the update last week actually. There will be another update coming out as well to correct the date issue people are having, where if they set the date to Jan. 1970 it bricks their phone. So keep an eye out for it as well.

msalmank

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

There is an update to 9.2.1. It is to correct the problem that causes Error 53. You will find it is a different build number. I did the update last week actually. There will be another update coming out as well to correct the date issue people are having, where if they set the date to Jan. 1970 it bricks their phone. So keep an eye out for it as well.

Ah! Weird though that it doesn't show up OTA but only through iTunes. Thanks for the info!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Ah! Weird though that it doesn't show up OTA but only through iTunes. Thanks for the info!

That's true. It is odd, and the version number is the same, so it's confusing people. I'm sure there are reasons.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrymelon