Why is iTunes not opening correctly on my Windows 10 computer?

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I get emails that I have TV shows that are ready to download. I click the link in the email and I get taken to the iTunes download page to download iTunes. This is on a Win 10 box, the issue doesn't happen with my MacBook. I also have a shopping website, for my credit card reward points, that does the same thing: click the link to buy stuff from iTunes and I get taken to Apple's download page to download iTunes. It seems its not seeing that I have iTunes installed. iTunes is my default music player. I am not able to make it the default video player.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: iTunes not opening correctly

I get emails that I have TV shows that are ready to download. I click the link in the email and I get taken to the iTunes download page to download iTunes. This is on a Win 10 box, the issue doesn't happen with my MacBook. I also have a shopping website, for my credit card reward points, that does the same thing: click the link to buy stuff from iTunes and I get taken to Apple's download page to download iTunes. It seems its not seeing that I have iTunes installed. iTunes is my default music player. I am not able to make it the default video player.

Hmm, that sounds a bit suspicious, especially if its working on Win and not your Mac. Are they legitimate links? When you check your email hover your cursor over the link to see what the url is.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I get emails that I have TV shows that are ready to download. I click the link in the email and I get taken to the iTunes download page to download iTunes. This is on a Win 10 box

In your iTunes settings under Store, do you have automatic downloads enabled? I just found that last night and turned it on (ticked the boxes for all types). Now iTunes auto opens for me. If that doesn't work or you don't want to turn on those options;

When the page opens telling you to download iTunes, there should be a button up top that says "I already have iTunes". The button is somewhat grayed out but you should still be able to click it and have iTunes open.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner