Managing an iPad and an iPod with one iTunes library, can I do this?

I

iMore Question

Managing an Ipad and an Ipod with one Itunes library

We have one installation of ITunes on our Family PC (Windows 7 64-bit OS) and we have created three different libraries so that when my son logs into his library to purchase a song or synch his music content with his IPod, he simply holds the SHIFT Key when opening ITunes so that he can choose his library to load when ITunes opens.

My daughter and my wife do the same with their respective libraries.

Now my son is about to receive an IPad Air for a Christmas present and I am wondering how to manage the new device along with his IPod Classic which he already synch's with his current ITunes library.

Should I create a fourth library folder (each of the existing three libraries have the full music path beneath the named folder, e.g., under the main MUSIC folder on C: we have Carolyn Library with a full ITunes path installation. We also have Tyler Library (my son's library) again with a full path beneath. I can of course create a Tyler IPad Library, give it the full path and select it when loading ITunes to synch with the new IPad. Would this be a good idea?

I'm also looking for a method to move his games/downloads from my wife's existing IPad 2nd Gen device, onto my son's new IPad.

Any help would be appreciated as I want to be able to manage this with as few problems as possible.

Thank you - Lee James

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Managing an Ipad and an Ipod with one Itunes library

I have a different library for each of my iPhone, iPod Nano, iPod 6th gen, iPad mini and iPad 4th gen, so that compares to what you do, my granddaughter who spend a lot of time with us has her own PC with iTunes signed into her own signature so that anything she buys for her iPhone or iPad remain separate from mine, have the items downloaded and purchased for your son been purchased under his own iCloud identity or your wife's, if your wife's then new iPad will have to be set up under her name to get these items.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox