My iTunes Library is completely gone. How can I get it all back?

I

iMore Question

My iTunes Library is completely gone.

After a delay in opening iTunes for some time, when I tried to open it today and reload my audiobooks to my iPod (which was erased when I was trying to solve another problem,) I found that my ENTIRE iTUNES LIBRARY IS GONE!!! Including numerous books albums and some movies I have purchased from other sites. I did not sign up for the Cloud as I had heard this could happen and I wanted to keep ALL my stuff on my computer. But it has happened anyway. How can I fix this and how cab we sue APPLE for the blatant theft of materials we have purchased from another company?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My iTunes Library is completely gone.

After a delay in opening iTunes for some time, when I tried to open it today and reload my audiobooks to my iPod (which was erased when I was trying to solve another problem,) I found that my ENTIRE iTUNES LIBRARY IS GONE!!! Including numerous books albums and some movies I have purchased from other sites. I did not sign up for the Cloud as I had heard this could happen and I wanted to keep ALL my stuff on my computer. But it has happened anyway. How can I fix this and how cab we sue APPLE for the blatant theft of materials we have purchased from another company?

I don't know, but a missing iTunes Library does not necessarily equate to the "entire iTunes Library" residing on Apple servers. Also, if you didn't take steps to preserve that library by creating backup copies then that's a misstep on your part. Having said that, if you do have a Time Machine backup or an equivalent then you should be able to restore the missing content. You can also contact Apple Support to see if they can assist you in retrieving your missing content.

Last edited:

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: My iTunes Library is completely gone.

Certainly not theft blatant or otherwise by Apple.

More detail is needed. If your iTunes library was on your computer, there's obviously no way that Apple could have accessed that to "steal" your items.

Have you checked the iTunes folder on your computer to see if the data is in fact there even if it is not showing up in iTunes?

Has anything in your setup changed since the last time you used iTunes? Different computer? Different hard drive? Anything else?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234