How can I transfer music from my iPod to my iTunes account?

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Tranferring music from iPod to iTunes

Hello, I have a ipod nano and I have a cd on the iPod that I would like to transfer to iTunes, but I'm not sure how to do it. I am using a macbook air.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tranferring music from iPod to iTunes

Simply connect your iPod to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app, and when iTunes detect your iPod, choose to sync it or use the drag and drop method while connected.

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site

I have tried to use the drag and drop method and it does not work. It has already been connected to my computer so it won't sync

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have tried to use the drag and drop method and it does not work. It has already been connected to my computer so it won't sync
Using ALL Apple hardware should be easy for it to sync and as told by Just_Me there should not be a reason why it won't sync.

A few things from my own experience with a Gen 5 device, If I did not use a USB connection from the side of my MacBook as opposed to a USB Hub powered or not it would not work.
Also you can burn the CD and wipe the iPod clean, update any software it detects, resync everything after you put the CD you burned and rip it into iTunes. That should work ( Don't forget you have to create a playlist to burn the CD w/i iTunes.
The only reason I mentioned the Gen 5 is because I don't know what you have and it was a bit finnicky. My Gen 7 works perfect now with no issues.

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site

I do not have the cd. That's why I need it off of my ipod. Itunes only synced the songs that I purchased from the itunes store not any of the cds that I downloaded on my ipod

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I've never owned an iPod Nano but I did own what is now called the iPod Classic, and I was able to add and remove numerous songs that I had not purchased via iTunes to and from the device via drag and drop. Anyway, check out Apple's instructions to 'manually manage your contents' via the following link.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201593

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro