Album Artwork in iTunes for Apple Music Content

Trusttee

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have been an Apple Music subscriber since day one. However, I held off on updating my PC & Mac's iTunes applications until I heard the initial issues with library corruption had surpassed. I recently upgraded to the current (fixed) version of iTunes - version 12.2.1 on one of my laptops.

My iTunes library appears to be fine - no issues thus far. However, on the Apple Music side of things, albums that I have added to "My Music" (from the Apple Music library) are listed side by side with my iTunes library without any album artwork. This is not the case on my iOS devices so I know it is something directly related to the iTunes desktop application. Attempting a "Get Album Artwork" in the right-click sub-menu for any album produces no changes and at this time I am unable to find a solution.

I am not sure if I am the only one experiencing this issue or not. It is slightly annoying considering my library was always kept in top-notch condition and now I am looking at albums spread throughout my library without artwork. Again, it is nothing that will ruin my day - first world problems lol - but I am just inquiring if someone has found a solution to this issue. Thank you for everyone's help in advance.

V/R,
Trusttee

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not having that issue, but I would definitely be upset if I were--OCD you know. . . . That is why I stopped adding music from CDs years ago. About every third sync, I would lose artwork on those albums. :mad:

Trusttee

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I understand both of the replies so far. However, my issue is unrelated to the material that was previously ripped to iTunes. It is an issue with the Apple Music streaming service whereas the album artwork that should show for albums that I have added (from the Apple Music catalog) won't display.

V/R,
Trusttee

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I understand both of the replies so far. However, my issue is unrelated to the material that was previously ripped to iTunes. It is an issue with the Apple Music streaming service whereas the album artwork that should show for albums that I have added (from the Apple Music catalog) won't display.

V/R,
Trusttee

I was just highlighting that there's issues.

Trusttee

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I understand - and I do agree that there are issues. I actually went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes 12 and it pulled down the album artwork for everything Apple Music this time around. My only issues now (since I've done this) is having to decide whether I will choose to

A) Leave iTunes pointed to iCloud for everything (and backup/archive my local copies one final time)
B) Download my content from Apple's servers
C) Point iTunes at the old library for my content

I'm leaning toward "A" but need to be sure this will work. Furthermore, I depend on having local content available to throw on my USB I keep in the car - but I can manage on my own. Decisions, decisions to make.

V/R,
Trusttee

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have multiple tagging programs for songs. Long story short, I always check with one of those programs to see if a Album Artwork is saved per song individually or as a folder artwork. If the latter, I save that artwork for every song in that album separately in the tag. This way, if something happens to iTunes artwork database, saved locally on my pc, I won't lose all the artwork, because every song has its artwork baked in the file as a hard copy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro