Sync iPhone w/ New Mac

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Bought my first Mac yesterday (a mini) and have a question about how to best sync it with my new phone - prior to this I've always had Windows.

I have iTunes Match and I've downloaded all of my music to the new Mac. Just curious how to sync my iPhone (6 Plus) without screwing anything up. Do I just plug it in to the Mac and overwrite what's on the phone with what's on the Mac? If so, that won't overwrite my photos or anything else will it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't, but don't risk it until you've at least uploaded copies of your iPhone Photos to Dropbox, OneDrive or a different cloud service. I also recommend you do an iCloud backup. After doing the above, go ahead and connect your device to your Mac and sync/transfer purchases, etcetera. If something goes awry, at least you'll be able to simply restore your device from the iCloud backup and re-download any photos from the aforementioned cloud service.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It shouldn't, but don't risk it until you've at least uploaded copies of your iPhone Photos to Dropbox, OneDrive or a different cloud service. I also recommend you do an iCloud backup. After doing the above, go ahead and connect your device to your Mac and sync/transfer purchases, etcetera. If something goes awry, at least you'll be able to simply restore your device from the iCloud backup and re-download any photos from the aforementioned cloud service.

Sounds good, thank you! I won't have time to do it today but should tomorrow evening, will let you know how it goes. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice