iTunes 12 on Windows 7: How do I get the layout w items in left column?

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Like I used to.. with Music Podcasts, Books, Tones etc in a column on the left of the screen?
I think it was called "Sidebar"....

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Like I used to.. with Music Podcasts, Books, Tones etc in a column on the left of the screen?
I think it was called "Sidebar"....

iTunes 12 does not have the Sidebar. It was removed with this upgrade.

For Music, Movies and TV Shows, you do get a "sidebar" of sorts by clicking on the PLAYLIST link below the Apple logo in the center of the title bar.

Last edited:

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Not only that .. When you see a list of apps that need updating, clicking on that icon does not show "what's new" information anymore.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
They removed the side bar... I liked the side bar...

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

I really, REALLY liked the sidebar so I'm pretty bummed out that Apple took it away :( I'm also really not crazy about how the layout looks when you have a device connected to the Mac to do a back-up, sync, etc. I liked having the function of highlighting my device on the side bar and then right-click for the sync, restore, backup options.

Speaking of which....where is the restore option? I didn't explore that while I poked around. Thanks to anyone that knows !

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of which....where is the restore option? I didn't explore that while I poked around. Thanks to anyone that knows !

It should be on the device summary page. Connect your device and click on the icon representing that device. Now make sure that you are looking at the Summary page and the restore options should be on that Summary page, where it’s always been.

View attachment 68663View attachment 68664

hurts

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Quite disappointed. Without the sidebar it looks like as if something is missing in iTunes. Sticking to the Playlist view for the time being.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It should be on the device summary page. Connect your device and click on the icon representing that device. Now make sure that you are looking at the Summary page and the restore options should be on that Summary page, where it?s always been.

View attachment 68663View attachment 68664

Thanks Hank !! I'll check that out. Now that you posted a visual of it, I think I recall seeing it but at the time didn't put 2 and 2 together:p lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2