Problems Syncing

TMFoughty

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a iPhone 6+ and when I sync it with my 64-bit Windows 7 laptop it will go through all the steps then hang on the last one. It appears to have sync'd correctly, but will not end the last step.

I have reloaded phone four times now. Reinstalled iTunes. Any other suggestions? Apple support was worthless.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Is it stuck on "Preparing to sync?" If so i've had EXTENSIVE problems with that on my 4s.

My first suggesting is simply let it sit there. I've had to leave it for as many as 5 hours and it finally completed.

It's also results in a problem in my music library where it shows the wrong album art. Now ALL and i mean every single one of my album art is embedded in the mp3 file. But the iphone for some reason doesn't read the file on the phone it puts the art somewhere else and read that. Regardless, i've tried restores, resets. The only thing that seems to have work is i deleted all my backups, and downloaded the actual firmware file off the apple server and reinstalled the OS brand new and NEVER restored from icloud. i did turn icloud back on but i only use it for contacts. I just didn't restore from anything. But i'd do that as a last resort and exhaust all options. Plus you lose everything and have to reset up everything. It's a pain. But since i've done it it worked. And mind you, i had problems with my 4s, and when i bought my 6, restored the 6 from a backup all those problems came to my 6. a week in i had to reinstall the OS firmware. pain in the A-hole. I hope i don't have problem again. My theory is that restoring from a backup is simply reapplying corrupted something or other. What i don't know but it's just adding whatever was messed up back on the phone. It's just a theory though. And that's why it got better when i just reinstalled the firmware and set up up without restoring at all.

NEO2126

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
Definetly having trouble syncing on iTunes 12.0.1 My 6+ is running current iOS8. Looking at the content bar showing breakdown of storage for file type (audio, photos, apps, other) it currently shows "Other" as taking up most of the space. Looking on the phone under General Settings and Usage, it shows I only have about 5GB free, which is accurate with all my music, but the Content bar doesn't jive with that, and again on the phone my music isn't showing up as the space hog that it should be.
Something is definitely screwy here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73