I've had my iTunes account for about 4 years and was always able to use my debit card up until last week, i got a new debit card from the bank and i've been trying to attempt to put it in my account and all it kept saying was that i needed to contact iTunes support. when i called, the lady on the phone kept saying it had to be a credit card and that apple was no longer accepting debit cards as a form of payment. does anyone know anything about this?
    08-26-2014 07:39 AM
    Wow that stinks. Did you ask why?
    08-26-2014 07:40 AM
    That doesn't seem right. I'm sure it would've been all over the news and tech blogs if a policy change like this was made.
    08-26-2014 07:44 AM
    I'm not entirely sure, she said it also could have been a bank error with my address that wasn't put right, which doesn't make sense because that same address is the same one all my other debit cards had, but she never said debit card. she kept saying credit card. i went to look at the accepted forms of payment and debit card is no longer in there. iTunes Store: Accepted forms of payment
    08-26-2014 07:52 AM
    When I setup my Apple ID in December 2010 I didn't have debit card as a payment option but I live in Canada so that could've been why.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S (beta testing) using Tapatalk
    08-26-2014 08:24 AM
    The site you show does mention debit cards. But it may be country specific. I'm guessing it can be used in the US. They still take mine.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5
    08-26-2014 08:43 AM
    Just use the debit card and put the information from the card
    Ike it is a credit card.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB
    08-26-2014 09:58 PM
    When I set my account up (many years ago), I used my debit card. I no longer do, however. I simply said "none" and use iTunes gift cards to replenish my iTunes account balance.
    08-26-2014 11:16 PM
    I've had my iTunes account for about 4 years and was always able to use my debit card up until last week, i got a new debit card from the bank and i've been trying to attempt to put it in my account and all it kept saying was that i needed to contact iTunes support. when i called, the lady on the phone kept saying it had to be a credit card and that apple was no longer accepting debit cards as a form of payment. does anyone know anything about this?
    Most debit cards have a visa or MasterCard logo so it can be entered as a credit card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-27-2014 04:10 AM
    I've ordered a new debit card from my bank, as the old one is worn. I hope I don't run into problems with iTunes. It's a Visa and should be able to be used either debit or credit.

08-27-2014 10:38 AM
    I recently put in my Chase Debit Card in as my method of payment. It accepted it and flowed into Apple Pay just fine too. Try entering it as a Visa or MasterCard (based on whatever logo your card may have)
    03-29-2015 12:56 PM
    I've ordered a new debit card from my bank, as the old one is worn. I hope I don't run into problems with iTunes. It's a Visa and should be able to be used either debit or credit.

As you know, I've just moved to the US from the UK. I had to wait to get my SSN before I could get a bank account, so I've only had my Wells Fargo debit card for three weeks. I successfully added it to iTunes when I changed regions in the App on Wednesday. I've bought stuff since then. I reckon you'll be fine.
    03-29-2015 01:40 PM
    As you know, I've just moved to the US from the UK. I had to wait to get my SSN before I could get a bank account, so I've only had my Wells Fargo debit card for three weeks. I successfully added it to iTunes when I changed regions in the App on Wednesday. I've bought stuff since then. I reckon you'll be fine.
    Yeah, no problem. I think the issue was with Family Sharing. We don't use that.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    03-29-2015 01:51 PM