I am switching my PC that handles iTunes for the family. I do have iTunes Match. I just backed up all my music that was on iTunes and put it on an external hard drive. I had iTunes on the new PC already so I plugged the external hard drive into the new PC and moved the iTunes folder to the new PC from the external hard drive. When I open iTunes it shows all my music from as being in the cloud and not from the hard drive. If I download a song from the cloud I will have two copies on the hard drive.

Is there a way to fix this? I want to have the music on the hard drive. Did I not need to even do a backup and move it? Could I have just used Music Match?
    07-26-2014 03:34 PM
    I think that in fact that's one of the advantages of iTunes match, that you don't "have to" carry your music, because it'll be on the cloud and you can download it anywhere you want. Still, some people prefer to have the "hard copy" and not rely so much on the cloud...you never know what could happen with either, though.
    07-26-2014 06:22 PM
    Did you just copy it or drop and drag it? It needs to be done a certain way.
    07-26-2014 10:22 PM
    I did a drag and drop. All is good now. Everything transferred and I have my play counts and all. I don't think I needed to do anything. Music match worked. I just didn't know how well it would work.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    07-27-2014 07:40 PM