Music issue

nkf561

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is an issue with iOS, iTunes, iTunes Match or iCloud so here goes.
Last week I installed iOS 7.1.1 on my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini w/Retina and installed iTunes on a new laptop. I now have a problem with music on the phone and mini. All music shows the cloud icon but, when I turn off ?show all music? I?m finding songs downloaded to the phone. I followed the steps listed in another thread here and was able to remove all music from the phone and iPad.

Now every song I listen to ends up residing on the particular device it was played on even if only played for a couple of seconds. Once again the only way to remove it is to make a list of music that shows up when ?show all music? is off, turn show all music back on, download from the cloud the list of songs and swipe and delete each song I want to remove. I then have no content on the devices until I play a song and then they immediately show up when I turn show all music off.

I have signed out and back into iTunes on the mini, phone and pc, turned off automatic downloads and double checked all of my settings. Probably something simple that I?m overlooking but, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello & Welcome to iMore!! I've come to believe this is a bug. Each time I go into my Music on my iPhone, it displays something different. Sometimes songs that I know I didn't download are listed as if they're downloaded to my device and sometimes the sings I know I downloaded are listed as being in the Cloud. I searched the net & found several others that are having the same issue. Hopefully, Apple has a fix soon or someone with a solution will chime in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro