Should iTunes only be a store?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are we at the point where iTunes should only be a "store" and NOT also an integrated music & video player, an iOS upgrade item or a backup & sync mechanism? What do you think?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't mind that its all in one- Full disclosure- I use my XM radio app and podcast apps way more than I use iTunes. I do think iTunes radio should be a separate app though

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I also don't mind that it is an all in one although I don't use it as much as I use to to listen to music. Mainly for syncing music to my iPod and updating apps and OSs on my Phone and Mini.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm not waiting 6 hours to download 22 GB apps vs 1 hour to transfer via USB. Plus I have apps that are not available in the App Store anymore that I backed up to iTunes. Plus I have about 3000 songs that I have on my computer that I need to transfer.

Maybe if Apple made an "iTunes server" that allowed you to back up and sync with over wifi or USB but you can secure your sync with your Apple ID so only your devices can sync with it your user profile. Plus you can create user profiles with your Apple ID. You can add your own music or video or tones or etc to the "iTunes server" and choose which user profiles to since with. And of course your Apple TV can access it via home sharing. Just an idea...

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it needs to stay like it is. Apple breaks out a lot of functionality and I think it makes sense in some cases but is overdone to the point of dropping effectiveness of the parts on certain devices.

Last edited:

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I think that iTunes will gradually split out into individual apps. Just like we are seeing on iOS, OSX will most likely follow. iTunes is at the core of Apple's payments hub. Anything you buy gets routed through there. I see iTunes and the data it holds as the key to Apple's payment processing future, not so much the app epicenter it has been in the past.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
People whine that Microsoft has different apps for their different services so why would Apple go this route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73