There are from time to time I have noticed certain bugs but small in iTunes and The UI is always the same. What would you do to change it?
    03-08-2014 11:49 AM
    Get rid of it. Move the iTunes Store to the web. Make all management of iTunes media cloud based. Enable USB mass storage because I don't even want to use it anymore.

IMHO iTunes can't be fixed. It's just a monstrosity right now. I only use it for backing up my iPhone. It runs like garbage on my i7 powered desktop when video games with intense 3D graphics look amazing. All my music is in Amazon's cloud now. Their app is cross platform so I can switch between devices with ease. Their new cloudplayer/manger application for desktop is simple, easy to use, and runs fine.
    Jaguarr40 and sherlock like this.
    03-08-2014 01:41 PM
    Thank you sting and this is exactly what I was hoping would open up out of this thread and hope many more people will chime in so Apple might get something out of it if they read enough and the ideas here are legit. Again thank you for your ideas.
    03-08-2014 07:42 PM
    Cross platform is the key word. I try to avoid apps that are not.
    I have also been an Amazon user for years, so I have no need for iTunes.
    This might sound silly. But I don't have a need to back up my phone to iTunes or even iCloud.
    All my files are already backed up to the cloud. And all the apps that are purchased are also in the cloud.
    ITunes I found to be cumbersome at times on my Windows 8 PC.
    Sometimes I would get error messages that it couldn't find my phone. When it was connected.
    Last edited by joemd60; 03-08-2014 at 10:40 PM.
    03-08-2014 09:22 PM
    I use it for iTunes Match these days and that's about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-08-2014 11:51 PM
    I have absolutely no complaints about iTunes but perhaps I'm just not being creative enough.

{iRiidium} Technophile. 4 of 4 
    Ipheuria likes this.
    03-09-2014 11:16 AM
    I have absolutely no complaints about iTunes but perhaps I'm just not being creative enough.

{iRiidium} Technophile. 4 of 4 
    Same here. I've only used iTunes so far to restore or update my iPhones. All my music and important pictures are in my other ecosystem.
    03-09-2014 11:42 AM
    I use iTunes to run local backups for my devices and synch media. I'm on a Windows 7 box and iTunes is the only thing that ever hangs on it. iTunes is slow, unresponsive resource hog that needs to be redone from the ground up for windows. imao

JAG, I wonder if there was a poll attached to this thread how many dissatisfied iTunes users would also be Windows users and conversely how many satisfied iTunes users would be on a Mac?

Excuse me for about 30 minutes I need to synch my iPhone and that's if iTunes only crashes once during the process!
    03-09-2014 12:19 PM
    Memory hog, bloat, no native FLAC just AIFF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-09-2014 01:07 PM
    I find it interesting that people want iTunes to disappear. I find it as the best thing that iPhone has going for it because it gives all users advanced or general a way to get things onto their devices. Devices like Android, Blackberry without any native software to work with the device (settings) or get media onto or off the device. There might be third party software to do it but as a consumer I don't want to buy the device then have to go searching the web in order to get things done. As for iTunes I think it has grown so large and does so much that it's just become slow and bloated. I think they should remove podcasts and have a seperate Podcasts app for Mac that corresponds to the iOS app. This would be for the people who still want to organize, listen, etc. to podcasts on their computer. The app store could be moved into the Mac App Store and just have an App Store instead of two seperate stores. This would leave iTunes to only serve up media (movies, tv shows, music) and to sync and manage iOS devices. The backup of iOS devices should only be done if the iCloud backup option is not being used and it should happen automatically each time the device is connected and synced. If the iCloud backup option is set on the iOS device then the backup would not be done in iTunes.
    03-09-2014 01:48 PM
    On my iMac, iTunes is great.

On my Core i5 custom built PC, iTunes is the slowest, most unresponsive piece of junk I've ever used on it. I can go render a 3D file and edit it in Photoshop by the time that the program opens and lets me start playing some music.

Okay, I'm obviously exaggerating but iTunes is, for me at least, slow and buggy on the Windows side. Scrolling through my music albums, for example, causes some lagging. While it might be because of how large my library is, I still don't think that it should lag at all.

Guess Apple just wants me move to my iMac full time
    03-10-2014 02:50 PM
    I find it interesting that people want iTunes to disappear. I find it as the best thing that iPhone has going for it because it gives all users advanced or general a way to get things onto their devices. Devices like Android, Blackberry without any native software to work with the device (settings) or get media onto or off the device. There might be third party software to do it but as a consumer I don't want to buy the device then have to go searching the web in order to get things done. As for iTunes I think it has grown so large and does so much that it's just become slow and bloated. I think they should remove podcasts and have a seperate Podcasts app for Mac that corresponds to the iOS app. This would be for the people who still want to organize, listen, etc. to podcasts on their computer. The app store could be moved into the Mac App Store and just have an App Store instead of two seperate stores. This would leave iTunes to only serve up media (movies, tv shows, music) and to sync and manage iOS devices. The backup of iOS devices should only be done if the iCloud backup option is not being used and it should happen automatically each time the device is connected and synced. If the iCloud backup option is set on the iOS device then the backup would not be done in iTunes.

It is software code that is buggy on Windows,AND JUST on windows,and mind you it is irritatingly buggy and horrendous,they must build it from scratch,a media player forced to be made a sync/backup app just doesn't cut-it
    03-15-2014 04:35 PM