New computer. Transfer iTunes library

pearlyrob

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
So as the topic says. I currently use a PC. We'll my new MBA arrives tomorrow. How do I go about transferring my iTunes stuff to it? If I just hook up my iPhone. Won't it erase all my apps? Do MacBooks come with iTunes installed?

I'm also a first time Mac user. Any tips?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So as the topic says. I currently use a PC. We'll my new MBA arrives tomorrow. How do I go about transferring my iTunes stuff to it? If I just hook up my iPhone. Won't it erase all my apps? Do MacBooks come with iTunes installed?

I'm also a first time Mac user. Any tips?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, MacBooks come with iTunes installed in all of them. Just log in your account, go to the purchased section of your account and download them to your heart's content. As for non-Itunes store bought music you will have to put them on iTunes Match (Apple's music cloud service) or transfer them manually to your MacBook. That would be pretty simple to do with an external hard drive of any kind. Just make sure you have plenty of space stored on it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1) copy the iTunes folder across
2) find the file called "iTunes Library" that has no extension. Its in the same folder as a file called "iTunes Library.xml".
3) Copy this file in the same folder.
4) name the copy "iTunes Library.itl" in other words give it a file extension of "itl"
5) Find your iTunes icon on your desktop
6) hold the shift key down, do not release it
7) double click on the icon using your mouse
8) iTunes will ask you to use a different library
9) browse to the folder containing your itl file created earlier and select the file
10) voila - your mac library is now working in windows.

Your reply does not help the OP transfer his "iTunes stuff" from his PC to his new Mac.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73